The Student Room Group

The Running Thread Mk II

Old thread: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1083437

We've completed a 10K (:getmecoat:) so here's the second effort.

I got a new half PB today - 74:21. Very happy with it.

Scroll to see replies

In

Maybe this thread will document my return to running

One day... :sigh:

Original post by rockrunride
Old thread: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1083437

We've completed a 10K (:getmecoat:) so here's the second effort.

I got a new half PB today - 74:21. Very happy with it.

Damn nice time!

Supported two friends today, one ran a sub 1:40 half, the other sub 3:30 full marathon

A year today since I ran mine

I've been unable to run for half that time now, fml

Posted from TSR Mobile
Are there any Europena marathons worth doing?
Reply 3
Started running for the first time in my life last Saturday. Ran 5km and it took about 40 minutes with a lot of walking in between but I'm determined to get good. I've already signed up for the Great North Run 2015.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by OU Student
Are there any Europena marathons worth doing?

I am doing the Paris Marathon in April next year...

Will be nice to take in the sights of Paris while running. Hopefully it distracts from the distance.

No real training program at the moment. Did an 11.14km run yesterday in 57 minutes yesterday. Very hill route though.

Gonna do a nice short 5km this evening and a long run on Wednesday.
Latecomer to the old thread, signing up early for the new one!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Got into London. :biggrin: anyone else?

Congrats! Won't this be your second or am I mis-remembering? I got rejected 4 years in a row and forgot to enter this year :'(
Original post by Nichrome
Congrats! Won't this be your second or am I mis-remembering? I got rejected 4 years in a row and forgot to enter this year :'(

You're mis remembering. This is the second time I've entered though. Going to have to defer though - having some health issues which is making running difficult. :frown:

Has anyone run the day after a flu jab? I was stupid enough to book mine the day before the Plymouth 10k.:rolleyes:
Didn't get a new PB today :frown:

About a minute slower than last week (which was probably a fluke tbh :teehee:) at 27:37 ish. I am nursing a pretty bad cold though, and my legs had basically gone by halfway, so couldn't up the pace at the end like I normally do. Still managed to do the last 1km in 5'11" though, so not too bad!

Need to break sub-27 again! At the moment, I'm aiming to stay under 28, which I managed to do, so I'm not too disappointed, especially since I've only been under 28 minutes 3 times now.

Hopefully next week I'll be cold-free and raring to go!
Reply 10
Going for my first run in two weeks after an injury, not sure what to expect, never really being injured.

Just going for a light two miler to test the waters.

I don't run for times or PBs, mainly just for cardio, it's the most satisfying.
Target last week: 63K
Achieved: 63K

Target next week: 70K + some sprints
Reply 12
First parkrun today! Did it in between 22-23 minutes (need to wait for official results as forgot to stop my watch -.-) need to make sure I start more towards the front next week, got held up to begin with before there were spaces to overtake!
Plan to do a 6 mile run today :h:

Spoiler

(edited 8 years ago)

I didn't, but super glad as I don't have the time for training lol

Me! First time I've entered the ballot so I had prepared myself for a no. I'm scared now that it's a yes but at least it will keep me running over the winter!
Watched the Great Scottish Run this morning - all very inspiring stuff. :biggrin:
Didn't get into London, very disappointed, was hoping to run 3 on the trot, I'll try for 2016 though I guess. Really annoying though anyway.
15.53 km in 1hr 39:05 very happy, potentially my favourite run I've ever done. Going to run that route a few more times and work on getting my time down before I up the distance again, I'm really feeling determined to try and be under the 2hr mark for my half marathon next May- even if it is by a second!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Bournemouth half done in 3:07:30.

Is there a way to stop myself from needing a poo during a race? No amount of going before helps...

Quick Reply

Latest