The Student Room Group
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

University of Edinburgh Applicants 2015 entry

Scroll to see replies

I have been waiting since November !! I just want the wait to be over so I can get on with my life! too much stress
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh
Reply 2641
Original post by Cosimo96
Today Social science department emailed me back saying that ALL decisions will be made by 31st march!

Hopefully we all get offers. Can I ask you if they meant decisions for UK/EU students or does that include international students?
Original post by AE17
Hopefully we all get offers. Can I ask you if they meant decisions for UK/EU students or does that include international students?

Not sure if this helps but I know that UK and EU/Scotland are separate
Reply 2643
Original post by Gib1997
Not sure if this helps but I know that UK and EU/Scotland are separate

I replied to your comment by mistake, thanks anyway :colondollar:
Original post by AE17
I replied to your comment by mistake, thanks anyway :colondollar:

Tis grand :smile: I spoke to them a while back, a day after they originally said I'd hear back by, and one guy said that generally Scotland/EU replies go out AFTER UK ones.
Original post by Hildegardium
Does English fall under the social science department as well?! :tongue:
Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes it could be, beacuase I ve noticed right now, that they answered me from the college of Humanity and Social Science, and theorically english is a humanist subject ahah So GOOD LUCK EVERYBODY, and quoting a song "This is the end, take a breath and count to ten" :smile:

Original post by BonnetBille
ohmygodddd!!!!!! I can't give your post a "thumbs up" because apparently I've given you too many thumbs up and I should "rate other members" but you have just given me the best/most stressful news ever!!!!! It feels like my whole life is on the line, these will be the longest two days of my LIFE.

Ahahah that's the same thing for me, I cannot rate u anymore!! We are on the same boat, now let's see if it sinks or it keeps on sailing!

Original post by AE17

I'm an Italian applicant, but I guess they mean everybody!! Good luck for you!!
Today Social science department emailed me back saying that ALL decisions will be made by 31st march!

I emailed them and haven't heard a thing back :'(

Guys, regardless of what the outcome is we're winners for just waiting this ****ing long!
Original post by orphan_black
I emailed them and haven't heard a thing back :'(

Guys, regardless of what the outcome is we're winners for just waiting this ****ing long!

yeah haha, been checking ucas every single day since december.....:beer:
yeah haha, been checking ucas every single day since december.....:beer:

I have my email open 24/7 hahaha! :cry:
I have my email open 24/7 hahaha! :cry:

don't wanna stress you out, but I heard somewhere that UCAS only sends the emails automatically twice a day (at 11 and at 5) so if you get an offer at 12 you'll only get it at 5 and so on. I never actually checked if this was true but I'm going directly on track, just in case! :smile:
don't wanna stress you out, but I heard somewhere that UCAS only sends the emails automatically twice a day (at 11 and at 5) so if you get an offer at 12 you'll only get it at 5 and so on. I never actually checked if this was true but I'm going directly on track, just in case! :smile:

So can your Track change without actually getting an email?

Update: just checked, NOTHING! :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(
(edited 9 years ago)
So can your Track change without actually getting an email?

Yeah it can change and you get the email a few hours after (up to 6h) :smile:
Yeah it can change and you get the email a few hours after (up to 6h) :smile:

That's so crazy, I had no idea of this! Guess I'll be obsessing over Track instead :smile:

Last week I got a reply from Aberdeen and it said it had been updated at like 10:30 but I got the email at 4-5 PM!
Okey dokey, honestly I'm a little frustrated by the whole thing and gave them a call (I did of course do so politely). I basically explained how difficult it is at this stage with student finance looming and organisation for visits etc. They said that there are quite a few applicants still waiting, but more should be going out over the next few days, so keep checking UCAS. I asked if it would definitely be before April 17th (student finance deadline), and she said that she would imagine so, but can't say for definite.
Original post by Gib1997
Okey dokey, honestly I'm a little frustrated by the whole thing and gave them a call (I did of course do so politely). I basically explained how difficult it is at this stage with student finance looming and organisation for visits etc. They said that there are quite a few applicants still waiting, but more should be going out over the next few days, so keep checking UCAS. I asked if it would definitely be before April 17th (student finance deadline), and she said that she would imagine so, but can't say for definite.

Ugh, so she basically debunked the whole "replies by the 31st" idea? I contacted them back on Saturday through email and I haven't heard a peep back!
Ugh, so she basically debunked the whole "replies by the 31st" idea? I contacted them back on Saturday through email and I haven't heard a peep back!

Theyre toying with us...on the positive side, I've just found out that IF I do get an offer (fingers crossed), I am definitely eligible for the SAAS, so no student fees. Woop (hopefully).
Time for me to post my son's May 7th offer again.

If you are waiting on this for student finance, do be aware that it's standard practice to put in an application with a place-holder course in it for now, and change the university later on. There's no need to wait until you have heard from everywhere.
Original post by EatAndRevise
Apparently Edinburgh value the Personal Statement as quite important, whereas many other Universities don't.

I'd go with this definitely. I got an offer from Edinburgh within about 6 weeks in November and I don't have ""amazing"" grades so it must have been my personal statement, since it was an offer for second year entry too

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2659

Ahh these are going to be the most stressful two days. This waiting is awful

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending