Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

University of Edinburgh Applicants 2015 entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by UPSDGoat
hey!
i'm currently studying 2nd year maths
i'm here if you have any questions

I'm looking to do maths and physics, what are your maths lecturers like so far? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh
Original post by rachelc142
I'm looking to do maths and physics, what are your maths lecturers like so far? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

they're a mixed bunch (as you'd expect) but they're not bad! A lot better than some lecturers in other courses i've taken
Reply 42
Current 1st year studying social history, politics and sociology :smile:
Reply 43
Original post by UPSDGoat
hey!
i'm currently studying 2nd year maths
i'm here if you have any questions

Hi there,

Just wondering if many Maths students decide to study subjects like Economics/Politics in 1st and 2nd year?
Original post by TheHumbleBanana
Is anyone else applying for Chinese studies?

I am! :smile:
applying for Japanese studies :biggrin:
Original post by afterallthistime

I am! :smile:

Yay! You are the first person I have met who is applying for Chinese as well :biggrin:
Yay! You are the first person I have met who is applying for Chinese as well :biggrin:

Haha I know! So hard to find anyone :tongue: where else are you applying?
I've applied for Classics as an access student, hopes are not high! I've heard Edinburgh can take up until May to give out offers. Does anyone know the accuracy of that? Don't think I could wait that long haha
Haha I know! So hard to find anyone :tongue: where else are you applying?

Haha yeah, I have seen more Japanese applicants than Chinese ones. I'm applying for Oxford (distant hope), Durham, Leeds and Manchester as well. Where else are you applying? :smile:
Haha yeah, I have seen more Japanese applicants than Chinese ones. I'm applying for Oxford (distant hope), Durham, Leeds and Manchester as well. Where else are you applying? :smile:

Just doing 3! Oxford (also trying not to get too attached haha!), Durham and obviously Edinburgh. Was going to apply for Manchester as I loved the Uni but the course wasn't quite what I was looking for. Which Oxford college?
Reply 51
Original post by mayare
Hello !
I am applying for Economics. But I am still 100% in the middle of writing the application... Does it matter _when_ you send it if it is before the deadline (15th January) ?

I will apply for Economics too but have you already chosen what course? At Edinburgh there are many options for Economics I am a little confused and you? My brother is at his first year at Edinburgh studying Engineering and I hope to be accepted too. Do you know if it's very important to be very good at maths?

Posted from TSR Mobile SENT FROM MY IPHONE
Just doing 3! Oxford (also trying not to get too attached haha!), Durham and obviously Edinburgh. Was going to apply for Manchester as I loved the Uni but the course wasn't quite what I was looking for. Which Oxford college?

Yeah, our school said we had to have five so I had to put Manchester down too. I agree with you about the course, it wasn't what I wanted either. Haha, I think we have put down the best Unis :P I applied for Queens. What did you apply for?
Yeah, our school said we had to have five so I had to put Manchester down too. I agree with you about the course, it wasn't what I wanted either. Haha, I think we have put down the best Unis :P I applied for Queens. What did you apply for?

Pembroke :smile:

And yeah I think so too! I can't decide how I feel about Durham though. I'm on a bit of fence about it, partly because its such a new course and its such a small place. I love cities ahha. Hence why Edinburgh and Oxford are great :smile:
Original post by AM1497
Hi there,

Just wondering if many Maths students decide to study subjects like Economics/Politics in 1st and 2nd year?

i've not heard of any students doing Maths and Politics in 1st/ 2nd year, but it could be possible.
i did actually take Economics 1 in 1st year, i personally didn't like it but there was also a lot of people who did
the rule of thumb is that as long as it's the right level and it fits into your timetable, you can take it :smile:
Reply 55
Original post by lucymellor
Thank you, I think I'm in a really good position because obviously I'd love to get in but it isn't the be-all and end-all for me like it is for some people, I'd absolutely love to go to Edinburgh or the others I've applied to :smile:

Manchester, Leeds, King's and Oxford, you?

I totally agree! I think some, unfortunately, base their lives around receiving an offer from Ox/Cam. For me, i'd be delighted if I received one but my main focus will be my other choices, as to avoid extreme disappointment! :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Pembroke :smile:

And yeah I think so too! I can't decide how I feel about Durham though. I'm on a bit of fence about it, partly because its such a new course and its such a small place. I love cities ahha. Hence why Edinburgh and Oxford are great :smile:

Pembroke looks amazing! I know exactly what you mean about Durham, I have the same reservations with it, but its still an excellent university :smile: What Durham college have you applied for?
Pembroke looks amazing! I know exactly what you mean about Durham, I have the same reservations with it, but its still an excellent university :smile: What Durham college have you applied for?

University haha, even though I know its the most over subscribed! And you?
Original post by carmeng
I totally agree! I think some, unfortunately, base their lives around receiving an offer from Ox/Cam. For me, i'd be delighted if I received one but my main focus will be my other choices, as to avoid extreme disappointment! :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile

We have exactly the same attitude towards it haha, what are your other choices?
University haha, even though I know its the most over subscribed! And you?

Haha, good luck, it looks so nice! I applied for Greys :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending