The Student Room Group
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

University of Edinburgh Applicants 2015 entry

Firstly, many thanks to rachelc142 for setting the ball rolling with this year's thread! This is just a quick, official insert with a few guidelines for this thread as we've stickied it.

Thinking of applying to Edinburgh for 2015 entry?
Have lots of questions or just want to chat?

Then this thread is for you!

If you want to ask a question to a current student/graduate then please post it in the FAQ thread and someone will try to help you. Please do read the FAQs first though on the first post - most questions are already answered there. If you want to know more about outside courses, you check out the dedicated thread here. Accommodation posts should be made here. There's also a "stalking" page for applicant details here.

All that remains to say is good luck with your applications!

By Nearlyheadlessian

Connect to University of Edinburgh here! You'll be able to see other applicants' grades and offers. If you enter your details it will be really helpful for other people applying. :h:
(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hi! I'm applying for Psychology! But for first year entry...
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh
Reply 2
Original post by Kerrias
Hi! I'm applying for Psychology! But for first year entry...

Oh cool :smile: have you sent your application yet? Are you doing A levels or highers or IB?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi, I'm also applying at the university of Edinburgh, but for a Software Engineering degree. :smile:
Hi, I'm applying too but to study Linguistics. Is anyone else applying for linguistics or a language? 😄

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Original post by rachelc142
Oh cool :smile: have you sent your application yet? Are you doing A levels or highers or IB?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Not yet, but I'm planning to soon. I did Highers and Adv Highers and left in 2013, I'm now studying for a HNC. What about you? :biggrin:
Reply 6
Original post by sheerios96
Hi, I'm also applying at the university of Edinburgh, but for a Software Engineering degree. :smile:

Oh nice , I almost went down the computing route myself! How's your application going?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Original post by Kerrias
Not yet, but I'm planning to soon. I did Highers and Adv Highers and left in 2013, I'm now studying for a HNC. What about you? :biggrin:

Oh cool :smile: I'm doing A Levels currently :biggrin: really a bit worried about Edinburgh though apparently they are really late with replies -_-

Posted from TSR Mobile
Oh nice , I almost went down the computing route myself! How's your application going?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Good, I think. Right now I'm writing my personal statement and this is probably the fifth time I'm rewriting it, but at least it's becoming better :biggrin:
Reply 9
Original post by sheerios96
Good, I think. Right now I'm writing my personal statement and this is probably the fifth time I'm rewriting it, but at least it's becoming better :biggrin:

I think I wrote twelve drafts before I sent mine XD yeah definitely its worth getting it perfect, I definitely feel like its my personal statements that got me an offer from glagow so quickly!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I think I wrote twelve drafts before I sent mine XD yeah definitely its worth getting it perfect, I definitely feel like its my personal statements that got me an offer from glagow so quickly!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yup, the ps is very important. I hope i get it right
Hey Guys! I'm applying for "Electrical and Mechanical Engineering" and "Mechanical Engineering"! Hope everything's going great with everyone :3

Posted from TSR Mobile

Only on my fifth draft :'(
I'm hoping to apply for English Lit. My grades are all A's but I'm doing them over two sittings due to health reasons :frown: quite worried that they don't let me in, but fingers crossed. I'm on my sixth personal statement redraft.
Original post by nobody122
I'm hoping to apply for English Lit. My grades are all A's but I'm doing them over two sittings due to health reasons :frown: quite worried that they don't let me in, but fingers crossed. I'm on my sixth personal statement redraft.

You could maybe email and explain or ask if they have an extenuating circumstances form :smile: best of luck :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
You could maybe email and explain or ask if they have an extenuating circumstances form :smile: best of luck :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've phoned before and they told me that they'll take it into consideration, and a lovely lady at the open day said that I'll probably get a conditional, but there's always that doubt, y'know? :frown: Thank you so much though.
Original post by nobody122
I've phoned before and they told me that they'll take it into consideration, and a lovely lady at the open day said that I'll probably get a conditional, but there's always that doubt, y'know? :frown: Thank you so much though.

No I know what you mean, it's scary! I'm sure it will go better than you think though!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 17
Hello !
I am applying for Economics. But I am still 100% in the middle of writing the application... Does it matter _when_ you send it if it is before the deadline (15th January) ?
No I know what you mean, it's scary! I'm sure it will go better than you think though!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you :biggrin:

Original post by mayare
Hello !
I am applying for Economics. But I am still 100% in the middle of writing the application... Does it matter _when_ you send it if it is before the deadline (15th January) ?

Nope, as long as you get it in before the deadline they consider all applications equally :smile:
I'm applying for Biochemistry, application's in and I got an email from them a few days ago confirming they've received my application and are considering it :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest