The Student Room Group

World Muslims protest against ISIS

I have been gratified to see how much the Muslims of Britain, and Europe more generally, have been condemning the ISIS horde.

http://rt.com/news/191060-paris-muslims-protest-gourdel/

In the past, I think a legitimate point has been raised about the degree to which the Islamic community has spoken out against atrocities done in the name of Islam.

But the ISIS has been widely condemned by Muslim scholars and everyday people; they have quoted from their laws about why the ISIS' actions are contrary to their laws, and so on.

And that is why this campaign against them is so different from 2003; this time around, we have the support of the Muslim world, of the Arab world, of the Iranians, and the developed Western world too. The whining of the armchair appeasers and pacifists comparing this to Iraq 2003 grows tiresome.
That's nice.
Reply 2
Original post by Skip_Snip
That's nice.

Do you really think so? Really? :biggrin:
It is high time and not before time that the media are now reporting the clerics and leaders views against ISIL from within the Muslim community.

Not so long ago on the TSR boards, several people were openly wishing for a Caliphate and Sharia law derived directly from the Qur'an.

Those voices have fallen remarkably silent. I can only assume people either wish to distance themselves from some of the remarks made, or no longer wish their true views to be made public.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending