The Student Room Group

Guardian: France's burka ban made teenage Muslims fight for ISIS

delete
(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

When muslims do bad things, it's never their fault, apparently ...
Reply 2
As usual the Guardian manages to miss the real issue and dwell on a comparatively minor one. What is most significant is that they are raised in France and then go to live with jihadists in Iraq and Syria, not that they left because of clothing restrictions. However, it is interesting when on one hand they feel they have been treated so badly in France with clothing restrictions and on the other hand they then will contribute in the enforcement of sexual enslavement of captured young women pimped out in the name of holy jihad. The ISIS war is both a military jihad and a sex jihad. The captured will either be forced to marry a jihadist, pimped out in an ISIS brothel or sold to sex traffickers, and even genitally mutilated if between ages of 11 and 46. I would say sexual enslavement of captured women is a far worse treatment to a human being than not permitting someone to wear a burka in France. Also it's common knowledge that wearing a burka is not a stipulated religious requirement in the Qu'ran. There is no logic or humanity in the equation but a warped sense of misguided injustice. Trust the Guardian to write such a lame article.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KeTB6bbxPF0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3rqNiwxHXs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TtK5MyDG0Rc
The Guardian do good occasionally but they do they allow this on? Isn't 'Comment is free' where people upload whatever nonsense they like or is it allowed by the editor?
This is bull****. I mean a ban on burqa cannot turn a perfectly healthy person into a psychopath cutting off heads.
(edited 9 years ago)
I dont think its a perception that the french hate Muslim girls or Muslims in general. It's a fact! I'm half french Muslim girl and whenever I go there covered I actually get scared. The dirty looks, the insults, the "Go back to your country" when it is my bloody country. It's hell. The UK is much better in my opinion, at least I'm free here.

Anyway yeah I don't agree with the girls going to fight jihad over the ban.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Weren't the press reporting that a large number of ISIS fighters were british a few weeks ago? We haven't banned the Burqa and we've still got people going to fight for murderers. Seems to me, if person wants to be a violent psychopath then whether or not the Burqa has been banned will make very little difference.

I'd also like to note that the "Burqa ban" bans everything that conceals your face not just Burqas and it was upheld by the European Court of Human Rights.
Original post by beautifulxxx
I dont think its a perception that the french hate Muslim girls or Muslims in general. It's a fact! I'm half french Muslim girl and whenever I go there covered I actually get scared. The dirty looks, the insults, the "Go back to your country" when it is my bloody country. It's hell. The UK is much better in my opinion, at least I'm free here.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Doncha think there's an obvious solution to that?
Original post by Skip_Snip
Doncha think there's an obvious solution to that?

My entire family lives there. I need to visit them.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

I feel the user was implying that not covering yourself head to toe and excluding yourself from society would maybe stop your discomfort...
Original post by Mrkingpenguin
I feel the user was implying that not covering yourself head to toe and excluding yourself from society would maybe stop your discomfort...

Ohhhhh. So I get in shorts and a t shirt to please you people. Interesting. What happened to freedom? I'm not excluding myself from society lol, I'm probably more sociable and civilized than you outside:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)

Posted from TSR Mobile

He means don't wear a burka/niqab.
Ohhhhh. So I get in shorts and a t shirt to please you people. Interesting. What happened to freedom? I'm not excluding myself from society lol, I'm probably more sociable and civilized than you outside:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

You don't have to wear shorts and tshirts obviously.I'm non hijabi and i don't wear mini skirts, shorts at all.I respect your choice, my point is not all non hijabis wear sexy things and expose their body.
Original post by Arkasia
He means don't wear a burka/niqab.

I don't wear a veil. Just a headscarf is enough for them to do what I stated above.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by geneticist
You don't have to wear shorts and tshirts obviously.I'm non hijabi and i don't wear mini skirts, shorts at all.I respect your choice, my point is not all non hijabis wear sexy things and expose their body.

Yeah thats the typical beautifulxxx exaggeration right there.
Yes true indeed. Thanks for your answer.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 15
If something so minor can tip someone over the edge, it probably is best to not have them in society anyway. Certainly not a good idea to pander to such types anyway.
I don't wear a veil. Just a headscarf is enough for them to do what I stated above.

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's because they don't tolerate an intolerant religion, and they see you as a part of that. It's a kneejerk reaction, and one they have against any woman with such a head-covering, due to cultural stigma and, now, law.
Original post by geneticist
This is bull****. I mean a ban on burqa cannot turn a perfectly healthy person into a psychopath cutting off heads.

NO, but it is great way of making it appear like you are attacking a religion which will help fuel the Islamic extremist propaganda. That is the point the article is making.

Not that I'm averse to attacking a religion (there are lots of good reasons to do so and we shouldn't let religion get a free pass to appease nutjobs) but wearing a Berka is not actually terrorism. I don't like the concept of the berka, it's sexist and oppressive in my view, but apart from certain situations I don't see why the state should be able to ban that item of clothing outright.
(edited 9 years ago)
Sorry to say this Muslims, but the whole IS thing proves your religion is ****ed up beyond belief, pun intended.

Because now it isn't a few bad apples anymore. It's thousands. Who travel thousands of kilometers for a cause they shouldn't give two ****s about being born and raised so far away in the West.

The last time Christianity did something on such a scale was in the freaking Dark Ages. Your religion much like Christianity did, strives to fight progress but with a key difference - there are so many more who promote the ideas that make Islam so unlikable that no change is visible, even in such a modern age. Your culture is too integrated with your religion, your leaders are religious leaders, this does not allow for cultural and moral progress.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well, if you don't seem to integrate with the country and culture you can see why they might not view you as part of it. And covering your face or hair is clearly not a part of French culture.
But yeah,it's certainly not a normal way to react to a ban, even if I dont support an outright ban.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending