The Student Room Group

Changing my Course

Hello everyone,

I have just started at uni, I have ME so am living at home. I am doing business studies at the moment but I really don't like it, Im struggling to settle in and actually find the course really difficult as I have not studied it before.

I can't really afford to withdraw from uni and to be honest I don't really want to. I would like to change my course though as I think it will be much better for me. I want to change to religious studies as I did this at GCSE and at A level and achieved A* and A's. I find the topic really interesting I just didn't choose it for my degree as I was unsure what sort of employment it would lead to. But now Ive realised that its better to do something I enjoy for three years rather than something I will struggle with and no do so well in.

Has anyone else changed their course after starting at uni? Im only actually a week into my course and it was mainly induction stuff, the religious studies course started the same time as us so I won't have missed much. I have emailed the advisers in the wellbeing department at uni to talk to them about it but I am not sure who else I need to talk to? I want to try and sort it out as quickly as possible so I don't miss too much work.

Thanks x
You'll need to talk to your personal tutor and the admissions officer of your target department in order to get a transfer.
Original post by DollyMaii.x
Hello everyone,

I have just started at uni, I have ME so am living at home. I am doing business studies at the moment but I really don't like it, Im struggling to settle in and actually find the course really difficult as I have not studied it before.

I can't really afford to withdraw from uni and to be honest I don't really want to. I would like to change my course though as I think it will be much better for me. I want to change to religious studies as I did this at GCSE and at A level and achieved A* and A's. I find the topic really interesting I just didn't choose it for my degree as I was unsure what sort of employment it would lead to. But now Ive realised that its better to do something I enjoy for three years rather than something I will struggle with and no do so well in.

Has anyone else changed their course after starting at uni? Im only actually a week into my course and it was mainly induction stuff, the religious studies course started the same time as us so I won't have missed much. I have emailed the advisers in the wellbeing department at uni to talk to them about it but I am not sure who else I need to talk to? I want to try and sort it out as quickly as possible so I don't miss too much work.

Thanks x

Do what's best for you is my best advice. Take each day as it comes :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest