AUB (Arts University Bournemouth) 2015

Anonymous Please

If you're applying for 2015 course.

I am applying for Film Production.

What about everyone else.

What about your housing plans

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
hi I'm applying for film production too!
if i get in ill probably find a house to share rather than halls, its so much cheaper
Reply 2
Im going to apply to AUB!
I will Probs do halls, its a lot easier, but I'm also open to housing too
oh, im thinking about applying to AUB too :smile:
do you have your portfolios done already? im still not sure what to include there :/
Reply 4
Original post by drasticDucky
oh, im thinking about applying to AUB too :smile:
do you have your portfolios done already? im still not sure what to include there :/

i have bits and pieces. scripts and photos and films that i can make into a showreel but not really sorted it out :frown:
Reply 5
Original post by KarenzaJ
Im going to apply to AUB!
I will Probs do halls, its a lot easier, but I'm also open to housing too

the new madeira halls look great but are too expensive for me :frown:
I am applying for Film Production in 2015 and have just started putting together a showreel. What are they meant to be like? I am not too sure whether to show completed films or short experiments.

I am also considering housing as the best option. Good Luck with your interviews!!
I applied for film too and have an interview in February! Anyone else got any interviews?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Original post by UniUniUniUni
I am applying for Film Production in 2015 and have just started putting together a showreel. What are they meant to be like? I am not too sure whether to show completed films or short experiments.

I am also considering housing as the best option. Good Luck with your interviews!!

If you're interested my showreel is on YouTube as /watch?v=D9ijw_Ri4W8 but I just got rejected from AUB without an interview so I don't know how much help it will be. Good luck!
Reply 9
Original post by UniUniUniUni

I applied to AUB 3 year film production degree a month ago and got an offer for the 4 year extended course (probably because I don't do Media or film studies at A level. I had the skill but not the experience). Just put the best parts of the short films you have made.

You should have more than just a showreel in your portfolio. You need a fotography folio, scripts, storyboards and maybe some drawings. they really like range and things you have done out of school.

I was there on the filmmaking sumer course this year and the place is great, but I heard that they are going to close the halls at AUB and open bigger ad new ones at BU.
I applied to Animation Production, and got an offer today :biggrin:
I haven't decided what I'm doing acommodation wise
I've applied and really want an interview! how long does it take for them to get back to you?
Original post by lizziegsack
I've applied and really want an interview! how long does it take for them to get back to you?

I think it took me a bit under a week to get an interview from then. When did you send off your ucas application?
Original post by VeggieSausage
I think it took me a bit under a week to get an interview from then. When did you send off your ucas application?

(I'm a different person) a week?! I sent mine off mid December and I've still not heard anything from them D:
Original post by Katie_hannah
(I'm a different person) a week?! I sent mine off mid December and I've still not heard anything from them D:

Oh ok :/ What course are you applying to? Also have you checked your emails and ucas track??
I haven't heard from them for 3 weeks too. I sent them my portfolio somewhere about 2-6 of January. I keep telling myself they just want to see other applicants but I am wondering as I am an international, if they don't turn me down, will they invite my THERE or it will be just a phone interview...

I am wondering if the deadline for portfolio submission mattets. It was March for me and I hope I will get their reply SOON, not in March... :/
i got given a interview date a few weeks ago for film production, i applied in early december and only heard from them recently so they're probably looking at december applicants at the moment
Reply 17
I've got interviews and offers back from all but AUB :frown: AUB is the only uni I want to go to and I'm applying for Film Prod. I am just worried that I haven't heard back from them. If I get rejected it will feel ****ty but I'm going to take a year out and just film.

"At the start you make something and its crap, you do it again and it's crap and then you keep doing it until it is good. Persistence is everything."- Casey Neistat
Reply 18
Hey guys, I have also applied for Film Production at AUB with a 4 year course. Just curious how many of you went for the 4 year alternative? I am also a bit concerned because I haven't hear back from them at all, and I really want to go there. Another question that i have is what should I put in my portfolio? What is a good number of things to put in? For example, how many films/scripts/storyboards/etc??

I am really concerned, I can barely sleep at night!
Reply 19
Hey Alen,

I don't think there really is a correct number but in my opinion you shouldn't bring to much as what they really want from your portfolio is an insight into who you are and what you are willing to do. You need to be able to talk about what you bring and explain how it makes you different from what others have done. Even if your film making isn't the best or the camera quality is shoddy you need to go into an interview confidently and make it clear this isn't any where near what you want to achieve and that this is only the beginning and that your willing to work extremely hard and have high aspirations. We are 17 and 18 year old and we are going to do this course to learn.Obviously you must have some skill but they are not looking for down right skill rather a hunger to do well and evidence that you have actively been learning film making in your own time :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending