The Student Room Group

Social work 2015

hey guys, I am applying to study undergrad social work in Bristol UWE and Swansea and was wondering whether anyone here has applied and been successful on here? I am just curious as to those uni's interview procedure. I am just starting my Personal Statement etc so I know this is really previous but I am anxious haha.

Here's the Social Work connect/stalking page - you'll be able to see other applicants' grades and offers. If you enter your details it will be really helpful for other people applying. :h:
(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I have applied to bristol uwe to start in 2015 too, still waiting to hear anything tho
swansea is the best :biggrin:
Hi everyone! Just wondering if anyone has applied to Wolverhampton and received invite for a selection test? I have mine on Wednesday but not sure what to expect, whether it be a literacy or essay type thing? Have contacted admissions but not heard back as of yet. Many thanks :smile:
I submitted my UCAS application last week and had email confirmation that my chosen Uni's had received it yesterday - Northumbria and Sunderland. Scary/exciting times ahead!

Already bricking it for any interviews, but then I feel I'm getting ahead if myself as I may get rejected at the first hurdle!

I wonder how long they take to get back to you?! Eeeeek!
I'm hoping to apply for Social Work once my UCAS reference is done! I'm applying for Sheffield Hallam, University of York, University of Leeds and Leeds Beckett. :smile:
I added Teesside Uni to my app as they seem to respond quickest and I figured it may be good for an interview dry-run - 2 hour travel away, so could never accept a place there..

Had an email offering an interview today - from Teesside! Unfortunately it coincides with a medical appointment (operation) for my youngest son, but have emailed to reschedule - but it gave my UCAS app a test out!
Reply 7
Hello,
I have applied to 3 universities to study social work. I am a mature student and would love to share this journey with others on here. :colondollar::colondollar::colondollar:
Hello!

I've just applied for social work yesterday at Leeds, Birmingham, Bath, Sussex and East Anglia. I'm seventeen, but by the time I get to the course I'll be eighteen. So I'm young but I have an avid passion in helping those who are marginalised and oppressed by society. I'll gladly join this journey.

Where did you apply?
Reply 9
Hi. Lovely to hear from you. I've applied to Brighton, Sussex and chichester. I have a interview for Brighton and I am currently writing an essay for Sussex as the next part of my application. Have you heard from any of your choices yet.
Original post by Slfryer
Hi. Lovely to hear from you. I've applied to Brighton, Sussex and chichester. I have a interview for Brighton and I am currently writing an essay for Sussex as the next part of my application. Have you heard from any of your choices yet.

Nope not yet, I only applied yesterday. But Sussex did reply saying that they have recieved my application, like my heart was beating when I got it. I was bricking it! Congratulations on your interview! How's your essay going? And what's it on?
Reply 11
Sussex were the first uni I heard from. So hopefully you will hear soon too. I had an option of 5 different questions. I've gone for what children look for in a social worker and why? I've made a plan so going ok I think!!!! Can't wait for my brighton interview just hope it all works out.
hii

just wondering if anyone is intrested in social work in uni and what they are studying now also what unis they are looking at?

and anyone doing a btec level 3 going to uni

beth :smile:
Ok so I am completing my Level 5 FDA Foundation Degree Children and Young People's Services at Derby and I am contemplating which Uni to go to next year.
Does anyone know of any universities which accept FDA CYPS to get into social work? Thanks in advance
Hi guys. I'm applying for social work too but for 2ND year entry. My universities of choice are: Stirling, Edinburgh, Uni Strathclyde, Glasgow Caledonian and University of the West of Scotland. Anybody else applied to these and if so, any outcomes? I'm hoping to send out my application today or tomorrow.
Whey hey - had an email from my 1st choice (Northumbria) to invite me to the first stage if the selection process - happy happy!
I got a offer from Gloucestershire and I have a interview on the 5th for uwe I'm still waiting for 3 to get back to me
Original post by amberl92
I got a offer from Gloucestershire and I have a interview on the 5th for uwe I'm still waiting for 3 to get back to me
did you have an interview from Gloucestershire prior to the offer? :smile:
Original post by PrittyVacant
did you have an interview from Gloucestershire prior to the offer? :smile:

Yeah I had it on Friday, it consists of a exam, group activity, five minute presentation and interview
Have you checked any unis out?

Quick Reply

Latest