The Student Room Group
Lord Ashcroft Building, Anglia Ruskin University
Anglia Ruskin University
Chelmsford
Visit website

Accommodation experiences!

Looking to apply in Sept 2015 to read history. Fallen in love with the Cambridge campus but did not get much of a chance to look at accommodation on the open day. Was wondering if any current/ past students could share their experiences of on campus/ private accommodation? :smile:
Reply 1
well peter taylor isn't all that good, but its like 5mins away from the front gate.i heard the newer buildings of the peter taylor group are much nicer

most of ur lecture rooms will be a 3 min walk max, if you are happy in a basic room then i guess pt is okay,
Lord Ashcroft Building, Anglia Ruskin University
Anglia Ruskin University
Chelmsford
Visit website
Reply 2
I've got my accommodation offer to live in cb1 it's modern, you've got a reasonable size bedroom with a en-suite and you share a kitchen and you've got a common room.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by Ryan.p20
I've got my accommodation offer to live in cb1 it's modern, you've got a reasonable size bedroom with a en-suite and you share a kitchen and you've got a common room.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Unfortunately my application was declined as I live within the 35 mile radius. I really liked the look of CB1 though!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Cb1 is amazing. I can't wait to live there and yes it is a,axing as I did get to go see a room there and the en suite is immense. And the room size is good. Plus you share a massive kitchen

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jadeymo
Looking to apply in Sept 2015 to read history. Fallen in love with the Cambridge campus but did not get much of a chance to look at accommodation on the open day. Was wondering if any current/ past students could share their experiences of on campus/ private accommodation? :smile:

I don't know if it's too late and you've already applied for accommodation but I would not advise living in Peter Taylor if you're looking for a comfortable place to live for first year. The building itself has a lot of issues (mould, worn down, the lift breaks a LOT) and there isn't a lot of security: over Christmas we all had a lot of things stolen from our kitchen.
If, however, you think that you only need the accommodation to sleep in/get to know others, then sure; it's okay. It's close to the main campus which has saved myself from missing lectures once or twice, and if you go out a lot (clubs, etc) then it's only a short walk to the city centre. But it's certainly not worth what we pay for it. My friends back home pay about the same and their accommodation is so much nicer.
I don't mean to sound so negative, but I thought I should warn you before you get too excited about it. They may, of course, run things better next year anyway, but don't bank on it. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending