The Student Room Group

Lancaster Uni: "Thank you for your application... We'll be in contact very soon"

Does that sound like they'll be making a decision soon, or is it just exaggerated language do you think?
Think you're overthinking tbh!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
It's just an acknowledgement. It means nothing.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
It doesn't mean that you're guaranteed an offer. It just means that their decision could go anyway; the email's language sounds a bit generic.
It's an automated response. Many, but not all , universities use them to tell you they have received your application, and that is all.
Reply 5
Original post by Ndella
It doesn't mean that you're guaranteed an offer. It just means that their decision could go anyway; the email's language sounds a bit generic.

Didn't say it guaranteed me an offer- could mean a rejection should be expected in a few weeks. My wonder was if it seems to mean that their DECISION would arrive soon- and not in a few months like many universities. I wish you people (including every other poster, not just you) would read things properly without jumping to conclusions.
Original post by Alex347_
Didn't say it guaranteed me an offer- could mean a rejection should be expected in a few weeks. My wonder was if it seems to mean that their DECISION would arrive soon- and not in a few months like many universities. I wish you people (including every other poster, not just you) would read things properly without jumping to conclusions.

Think that's what everyone's saying! Means nothing aka doesn't confirm/reject the idea of getting a confirmation soon. 'Very' does not mean anything at all :smile:

There's no reason to be rude. Not everyone seemed to be jumping to conclusions. If you don't like what people say, don't ask questions.
Does that sound like they'll be making a decision soon, or is it just exaggerated language do you think?

It means: prepare your inbox for a bunch of spam to keep you "hot"
Reply 9

I just answered a question for you and you reply this way? For the university's sake, I hope they answer by May and reject you. There was no need to be rude.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending