The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Angelharpist
Erm, I'd be careful...

Maybe saying that you have multiple student accounts with different banks isn't a very good idea on an internet forum, which is accessible to millions of people... You never know if an employee/CEO of one of the banks concerned may be reading.

Take care

The CEO of these banks are hardly going to be able to put a name to the psuedonym.
Original post by bowdeni
Ok, I've got a few student accounts (collecting the goodies and overdrafts) and they all specify that your not meant to have any other accounts, but they don't check.

All accounts also specify that you must pay your student loan into that account. Once again, I had a natwest account and all I did was run up a huge overdraft without paying any money into it. They haven't chased me up.

So by all means open as many accounts as you wish, but it may be a good idea to move your loan about a bit once you've got it. I.e. transfer the loan into each account for a couple of days. Sounds a hassel, but it isn't with online banking. Takes under a minute.

Basically, I’ve opened 2 student accounts with NatWest and Santander but I don’t have a maintenance loan as I will be living at home meaning no loan will be paid into my account. Santander says to deposit £500 in every 4 months but NatWest just says to put in regular income. Would I rack up any charges if I used my NatWest account to put my income in per month but transferred £500 to Santander every 4 months and if I didn’t have the money- just switch to a regular current account with Santander?
Reply 42
Original post by Hibz.56728*
Basically, I’ve opened 2 student accounts with NatWest and Santander but I don’t have a maintenance loan as I will be living at home meaning no loan will be paid into my account. Santander says to deposit £500 in every 4 months but NatWest just says to put in regular income. Would I rack up any charges if I used my NatWest account to put my income in per month but transferred £500 to Santander every 4 months and if I didn’t have the money- just switch to a regular current account with Santander?

You're posting on a thread that's over 15 years old.
Original post by martin7
You're posting on a thread that's over 15 years old.

And yet you replied…

Latest

Trending

Trending