The Student Room Group

UCL vs Imperial

i know that imperial is meant to be like 3rd best in the UK or whatever, but in my opinion i'd love to go to either uni...the problem is gettin in. im only gonna apply to one of them, (keele leicester & manchester are my other choices) ..if someone could let me know which uni overlooks GCSE's the most? I got 6As 1B and 2C's :| yeh so, lol anyone wanna help me decide? or should i just forget both of them
Reply 1
It depends on your definition of 'best'

Have another look at all the medical school prospectuses and take it from there.
I am applying to both, they are very academic universities, but i think imperial is slightly more based on science (as there are no arts students) so they it may be harder to get in there results-wise. And it depends on what you got ure Cs at GCSE in because if they were in science, maths or english that wouldnt help.
well i got A's in maths and sciences and english---C's in drama & french lol!

yeh, i heard UCL prefer students that take a non-sciency subject at A-level, but i take math chem bio and had psych at AS level. (all A predictions)

so based on that, wouldnt it be wiser to choose imperial? just i guess more academicaly skilled people apply there so higher chance of rejection. aaaaaaargh.
Reply 4
i believe psychology is considered a contrasting subjects to science.

you may want to visit both schools and see which you prefer. academically should be about the same.
aparantly psychology is considered a science?? hmm. okay. thanks anyhow, i dont think im gonna apply to either lol
Reply 6
i applied to both and got rejected by both - however, i had a much better experience with imperial as opposed to ucl who rejected me right in the beginning. I got 6As and 1B. the only reason why imperial rejected me was cause my BMAT score was too low. they told me if i did better on that i would have been invited to an interview!
Barts!
Reply 8
I would go for UCL out of the two it it is the one that I applied to and got an offer from but I decided not to go for it in the end. I think that it seemed like a really nice medschool and the hospital associated with it is really nice. I have personally heard less positive things about Imperial (partly from my dad who has had lots of dealings with the lecturers etc there ).

But that is my two pence you should go for which ever one you prefer.

Latest

Trending

Trending