The Student Room Group

Are you happy with your A Level Languages prediction grades?

I do French A level, I achieved A in As and I am now under predicted to a B. I find this very discouraging and almost unfair.

What language do you study?what did you get at as? What are you predicted for A2?
Predicting someone a B for A2 when they got an A at AS is very odd. Even if it was near the A/B boundary?

My school was going to predict me a B in A2 Latin then on AS results day I got an A so they moved up my prediction. I'm also doing German: got an A at AS, predicted an A for A2.

I suggest approaching your teacher in a mature manner and asking to discuss it with them.
Yeah I agree with the poster above me, you should be predicted an A.

My Spanish teacher also tried to predict me a B, so I spoke to my head of year, who said I should be predicted at least an A.

I'm quite happy with this predicted grade, but I think that in most other subjects, I would have been predicted an A* if I'd got the same mark as I did in my AS Spanish exam (86% UMS in the oral, 91% UMS in the written exam).
Reply 3
Original post by flopsybunnybell
Predicting someone a B for A2 when they got an A at AS is very odd. Even if it was near the A/B boundary?

My school was going to predict me a B in A2 Latin then on AS results day I got an A so they moved up my prediction. I'm also doing German: got an A at AS, predicted an A for A2.

I suggest approaching your teacher in a mature manner and asking to discuss it with them.

Of course it's only fair to predict the same grade achieved or higher, you have proved this too with your results and I totally agree with your teachers. I will speak with the head and sort this out, because I did well by achieving the A therefore it's unfair. Thank you :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by madamemadeleine
Yeah I agree with the poster above me, you should be predicted an A.

My Spanish teacher also tried to predict me a B, so I spoke to my head of year, who said I should be predicted at least an A.

I'm quite happy with this predicted grade, but I think that in most other subjects, I would have been predicted an A* if I'd got the same mark as I did in my AS Spanish exam (86% UMS in the oral, 91% UMS in the written exam).

I don't understand why they under predict students, especially when they achieve high grades... Thank you for the advice, I will also speak with my head and hopefully get my righteous prediction! :smile:
Mandarin Pre-U, been told that I'm working at a D3/D2, achieved a D2 in the mocks, got predicted an M1.

I've contested it, and I think I stand a good chance of getting a D3.
Reply 6
Original post by Guills on wheels
Mandarin Pre-U, been told that I'm working at a D3/D2, achieved a D2 in the mocks, got predicted an M1.

I've contested it, and I think I stand a good chance of getting a D3.

You do deserve it, so good luck! :smile:
Original post by kk:)
You do deserve it, so good luck! :smile:

naw thanks :')

hope it all works out with your french a level, you deserve it too, what with that A :')

Quick Reply

Latest