The Student Room Group

Why do people often ignore me?

I'm sure I don't say anything weird/rude etc, just trying to be friendly but people don't want to know me, waaaahhhh :cry2:

Scroll to see replies

You are too awesome for others
This happens all the time to pretty much everyone! Firstly, it could just be down to some people being shy, not knowing your name, not knowing how to initiate a conversation with you. So in other words, if they don't approach - you approach!! And I don't mean this in a clingy, desperate way but just always say hi at least. I have noticed that for me I always say Hi or even just smile at people I have met once before and that keeps an exchange going and then people just feel comfortable enough to approach :smile:
I'm the same and I'm quite fine about that matter.
You're cool, don't waste time on unnecessary people.
Original post by NerdyMeg
You are too awesome for others
Thank you :biggrin:

Original post by Feartheunknown
This happens all the time to pretty much everyone! Firstly, it could just be down to some people being shy, not knowing your name, not knowing how to initiate a conversation with you. So in other words, if they don't approach - you approach!! And I don't mean this in a clingy, desperate way but just always say hi at least. I have noticed that for me I always say Hi or even just smile at people I have met once before and that keeps an exchange going and then people just feel comfortable enough to approach :smile:
I'm hoping it's just that they're shy rather thinking I'm weird or something lol, yeah sometimes you have to just take the initiative, I've done it before but need to keep going & do it more often. Then I need to have the confidence to try & turn them into friends, I've got it all planned, now just need to execute it haha.

Original post by inachigeek21
I'm the same and I'm quite fine about that matter.
You're cool, don't waste time on unnecessary people.
I may just be unfortunate with most of the people I've come across so far, shouldn't stop trying I suppose :tongue:
Sorry to hear that:console: Maybe the people you meet are all just dicks:dontknow:
Maybe you come off as clingy?

Or maybe you're hanging out with the wrong people.
Original post by Multitalented me
Thank you :biggrin:

I'm hoping it's just that they're shy rather thinking I'm weird or something lol, yeah sometimes you have to just take the initiative, I've done it before but need to keep going & do it more often. Then I need to have the confidence to try & turn them into friends, I've got it all planned, now just need to execute it haha.

I may just be unfortunate with most of the people I've come across so far, shouldn't stop trying I suppose :tongue:

Good that's what I would do!! You're right about that! Just be persistent!
Reply 8
Do you mean IRL or on TSR?
Reply 9
Personally I ignore you because you look Muslim and I disagree with Islam, so your viewpoints are invalid to me.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
As has been said, everybody experiences this to some extent - just don't take it to heart and let it put you down.
You're too cool for school

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Riku
Do you mean IRL or on TSR?
IRL.
Reply 13
IRL.

from what I have seen on your other thread you have crippling social anxiety, low self-esteem and rarely leave your house, that could be part of why you perceive you're being ignored? I.e. maybe you aren't being ignored? :smile:
Original post by Riku
from what I have seen on your other thread you have crippling social anxiety, low self-esteem and rarely leave your house, that could be part of why you perceive you're being ignored? I.e. maybe you aren't being ignored? :smile:
My social anxiety isn't really that bad now, I mean I work in retail & have been on the tills for a bit, so that helped.
Reply 15
My social anxiety isn't really that bad now, I mean I work in retail & have been on the tills for a bit, so that helped.

that's good to hear :smile: maybe you should approach people first then? Idk everyone gets a bit shy :redface:
Original post by Riku
that's good to hear :smile: maybe you should approach people first then? Idk everyone gets a bit shy :redface:
Yeah I have to do more of that, I need to turn people into friends after talking to them, that's what I'm most apprehensive about, I need to get their contacts & ask if they wanna hang out sometime. Facebook statuses don't seem to be working haha.
Reply 17
Yeah I have to do more of that, I need to turn people into friends after talking to them, that's what I'm most apprehensive about, I need to get their contacts & ask if they wanna hang out sometime. Facebook statuses don't seem to be working haha.

Oh I gave on Facebook 'friends' ages ago. I just Like stuff which seems fun or interesting now, even if I don't know the person. :tongue:

Ah, that's the fear of rejection kicking in my friend. A risk we all have to take, but one that generally pays off :smile:
Original post by Riku
Oh I gave on Facebook 'friends' ages ago. I just Like stuff which seems fun or interesting now, even if I don't know the person. :tongue:

Ah, that's the fear of rejection kicking in my friend. A risk we all have to take, but one that generally pays off :smile:
Yeah, it's not that easy though, overall it's still better to at least try :smile:
people are jealous of your pure awesomeness!!! :kungfu:

Quick Reply

Latest