The Student Room Group
Libeskind Graduate Centre
London Metropolitan University
London

London Metropolitan University - Official Q&A

Scroll to see replies

No need to apologise Simon. I didn't explain myself very well on my first post.

The information you have given me will help me massively thank you very much.

Much appreciated.

Have a great christmas.

Regards

Chris

Posted from TSR Mobile
Libeskind Graduate Centre
London Metropolitan University
London
Original post by hanziiee123
Thank You, Simon

You're reply has been really helpful to me. I feel more exicted for the interview than I am scared now. Thanks again for your advice and I will definitely look into RIBA award winners.

I will get back to you and tell you how it went. :biggrin:

Thank you so much :smile:
Hana

Hello Hana,

I hope you don't mind, but I just wanted to touch base with you to find out how the interview went?

Anyway, I hope it was a success and that you're well. Please let me know if you have any further questions or if there's anything else I can help you with,

Kind regards,
Simon
Original post by Sapphire109
Hey,
I recently got an email (end of July) from London Met stating that "We are pleased to confirm your place on Criminology and Psychology and to welcome you to London Met, a vibrant and diverse environment in which to study." I wanted to know whether this email 100% confirms that I have got accepted to this university or not as my results haven't been received yet and this offer was conditional. Thanks 😊

Hello, hope you're well.

That email sounds to me as though it's one of joining invitation emails, which would that we've confirmed your offer. So, if the email goes on to ask you to pre-register, then you're probably in.

However, I can't be entirely sure without a bit more info. If you send me a quick email to [email protected] (or private message on here) with your application number and full name, I'd be more than happy to check definitively for you.

Alternatively, you can give our admissions team a ring on 020 7133 4200 and they can let you know.

I hope that helps, I'll keep my fingers crossed that it's god news!

Kind regards,
Simon
Original post by London Metropolitan University
Hello, hope you're well.

That email sounds to me as though it's one of joining invitation emails, which would that we've confirmed your offer. So, if the email goes on to ask you to pre-register, then you're probably in.

However, I can't be entirely sure without a bit more info. If you send me a quick email to [email protected] (or private message on here) with your application number and full name, I'd be more than happy to check definitively for you.

Alternatively, you can give our admissions team a ring on 020 7133 4200 and they can let you know.

I hope that helps, I'll keep my fingers crossed that it's god news!

Kind regards,
Simon

Thanks for your help Simon! Yes I acknowledged that the email confirmed my offer which is good news! ☺️I sent you a private message. Thanks again.
Original post by Sapphire109
Thanks for your help Simon! Yes I acknowledged that the email confirmed my offer which is good news! ☺️I sent you a private message. Thanks again.

Hello,

For some reason the private message hasn't come through? Unfortunately, I'm not going to be on TSR very much next week, so if you still want confirmation your best bet is to give the admissions a ring on the number I gave in the first message.

Hope that's ok,

Kind regards,
Simon

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hello,

Next Tuesday I am passing the same exam like Chris. Can someone tell me anything more about it ? How does it look like and which score I need to achieve ?
Also how does the writing part look like ?
Help me please !

Regards,
Natalia
Hello Simon,
My name is Mikel and I´m from Spain . I have just applied for student loan and maintenance loan for the starting course this September.
For the student loan there shouldn´t be any problems for me to get it. Now, I´m not sure if I´ve got the rights to get the maintenance loan. Apparently, being a EU citizen, you are entitled to get the maintenance loan after you lived in the UK for three years before the starting day of the course.
I arrived to the UK on the 9th of September of 2012. So, I should be inside the limits being the starting day of my course the 28th of September. Although, while doing the paperwork for the loan company, I was asked to show evidence of the addresses for the past three years starting from the 1st of September 2012. In that case, I would be out of the limits.
I´m just waiting for the answer from the loan company.
Do you have any information about it ?
Have you or any one you might know experienced this in the past ?
Any information would be really appreciated.
Thanks
Hi Vera! I was wondering if you startd the MA in Digital Media since I will starting in September and was wondering how you found it?
Hi Vera I have been accepted onto this program ans was wondering how you found it?
Original post by saraho123
Hi Vera! I was wondering if you startd the MA in Digital Media since I will starting in September and was wondering how you found it?

Hi there,

Congrats on your offer with us, really exciting news!

My name is Kyle, I am currently about to finish my studies at London Met, i did not study Digital media but know a lot about the university and have had a really good experience here studying. If you have any general questions i'd be happy to help and if you have a specific question about the course I can forward it on to the course leader and get back to you as soon as?

We also have a mini open day on the 1st June which you could come to and have a look around campus and chat to your potential lecturers and tutors?

Hope this helps.

Kyle :u:
Anyone know the reading list for dietetics ?
Original post by Dream-on-96
Anyone know the reading list for dietetics ?

Hi Dream-on-96,

I've sent an email to the dietetics department to find out what they recommend. As soon as I find out I will let you know. :smile:

Thanks,

Molly :u:
Original post by London Metropolitan University
Hi Dream-on-96,

I've sent an email to the dietetics department to find out what they recommend. As soon as I find out I will let you know. :smile:

Thanks,

Thanks Molly look forward to your reply :smile:
Thanks Molly look forward to your reply :smile:

Hi Dream-on-96,

The course leader sent me this info through. I hope it helps and if you have any more questions please don't be afraid to ask!

BSc (Hons) Dietetics and Nutrition. Indicative Reading List

Academic Year 2016/17

This list provides an idea of useful texts that you will use throughout your course which are available in the University library. Module leaders will be able to provide details of other reading material related to the module topics. You may wish to review the texts when you start the course before purchase.

1) Carbs & Cals: (2013) Chris Cheyette Yello Balolia
ISBN-10: 1908261064 ISBN-13: 978-1908261069

2) Clinical Paediatric Dietetics (2014) 4th edition. Edited by: Vanessa Shaw
ISBN: 978-0-470-65998- 4

3) Dietary Reference Values of Food Energy and Nutrients for the United Kingdom (2011) Dept of Health.
ISBN10: 0113213972

4) Food Portion Sizes (Maff Handbook) (1994) by Fish.& Food, Min.of Agriculture (Author), Helen Crawley (Editor)

5) Human Nutrition (12th edition) - Catherine Geissler, Hilary Powers ISBN: 9780702044632.

6) Manual of Dietetic Practice (2014), 5 th Edition, Edited by: Joan Gandy ISBN: 9780470656228

7) McCance and Widdowson's the Composition of Foods: Summary Edition (7th Edition) by Sir John Krebs (Foreword), Great Britain. Food Standards Agency
ISBN: 978-1- 84973-636- 7

8) Nutrition and Metabolism. (2011) 2nd Edn. Langham–New S, Macdonald IA, Roche London; Wiley- Blackwell.

9) Nutritional Requirements for Children in Health and Disease, 2014, Great Ormond Street Hospital. Order via website: http://www.gosh.nhs.uk/parents-and- visitors/clinical-support-services/dietetics/research/dietetics- resources

10) Oxford Handbook of Nutrition and Dietetics (2015) 2nd Edition (Oxford Handbooks) (Paperback) by Joan Webster-Gandy (Editor), Angela Madden (Editor), Michelle Holdsworth (Editor) Print
ISBN-13:9780199585823

11) PEN Group Publications. A Pocket Guide to Clinical Nutrition (2011, 4 th edition) Editors: Vera Todorovic, Ann Micklewright
http://www.peng.org.uk/publications/publications.html

Hope this helps!

Thank you so much Molly :smile:
Thank you so much Molly :smile:

No worries! Glad to help. :u:
Hi there,

Hope you're well. I've heard that a lot of universities have whatsapp groups for the different courses which they offer for their successful applicants so was I just wanted to ask if London Met has any such groups for their courses? It would be a great way to get to know people and discuss any questions with fellow peers.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Thank you.
Hi there,

Unfortunately, I am unable to tell you if this is possible. I would advise speaking to your lecturers to see if your course has a group.

They may like the idea if you suggest it to them :smile:

Best,
Joey
Hello,
Where do most people from London met stay (accommodation)?
I've applied to the aldgate campus and have been looking at your website and other near by student accommodation however from what i be seen they are mostly full of students from other unis
Thanks
Reply 39
Original post by Londoner2016
Hello,
Where do most people from London met stay (accommodation)?
I've applied to the aldgate campus and have been looking at your website and other near by student accommodation however from what i be seen they are mostly full of students from other unis
Thanks

Hi, I am currently a student at LondonMet. Fortunately, I live with my parents whilst commuting into the university (Holloway Campus).

Other students that I know that study at Aldgate, stay at locations within Dalston Junction, Hackney, Bethnal Green ... anything within the London East area.

You can try posting something on facebook and sharing it and asking your friends to share it aswell. Also, websites such as Gumtree, Spare room, student pad are all very useful.

I hope you find something nearby and soon! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending