The Student Room Group

Regarding GCSE English Language requirements

Hi all,

I didn't great AS grades, so I decided to retake some modules.

As well as that, I am rather concerned with my GCSE English Language, since I achieved a Grade C.
So I would like to ask if choose medical schools that accepts Grade C or just retake it again in my gap year (which occured due to my AS results :confused: ), which could possibly mean I may have to apply in 2 years time?

Please feel free, to give some advice or a suggestion.
Thanks in advance...
Reply 1
Original post by Ray.Inspiration
Hi all,

I didn't great AS grades, so I decided to retake some modules.

As well as that, I am rather concerned with my GCSE English Language, since I achieved a Grade C.
So I would like to ask if choose medical schools that accepts Grade C or just retake it again in my gap year (which occured due to my AS results :confused: ), which could possibly mean I may have to apply in 2 years time?

Please feel free, to give some advice or a suggestion.
Thanks in advance...

Don't really understand the question to be honest
Original post by Hudl
Don't really understand the question to be honest

Alright sorry.

I am in yr 13, wanted to apply to medicine a month ago. Realised it would be impossible to apply this year, since I have achieved
a Grade C for GCSE English Langauge. Ultimately I am now confused whether if medicine is not for me (in terms of grades) or if I can still retake the exam after I applied next year.
This is why I am requesting for some guidance.

Hope what I said makes sense this time !

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by Ray.Inspiration
Alright sorry.

I am in yr 13, wanted to apply to medicine a month ago. Realised it would be impossible to apply this year, since I have achieved
a Grade C for GCSE English Langauge. Ultimately I am now confused whether if medicine is not for me (in terms of grades) or if I can still retake the exam after I applied next year.
This is why I am requesting for some guidance.

Hope what I said makes sense this time !

Posted from TSR Mobile

Most medical schools require you to meet the entry requirements upon entry. I'm guessing you haven't applied for medicine this year. If this is the case you can resit your english language GCSE exam in the hope of improving when applying for 2016 entry. If this isnt the case and you have applied you can resit the English language exam this year before entering medical school having applied. You should however indicate on your UCAS form that you are going to be resitting English Language by putting it as pending after putting your achieved grade.

Be aware that not every univerisity allows GCSE resits so your C grade will ultimately stand for those universities. You would have to check the universities policy to be sure. I hope this helped

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending