The Student Room Group

said something i really shouldnt have

well basically my best friends grandma is very ill and has been quite sick for some time, but in the past week she has deteriorated. i had not been informed of this and was quite rude to my friend and was hassling him to come out and party one night. now he will not speak to me, we have been best mates since childhood and i just dont know what to do. i spoke to a mutual friend and he said, 'id be lucky if he ever spoke to me agian'.
i just dont know what to do....
i have been trying to call him and today i eventually got a text back which basically said i dont want to think about you, let me deal with my own priorities.

i cant stop crying and there is no one to speak to about it
Reply 1
jesus, what did u actually say to him?
Reply 2
I'd give it a while, to be honest.
Reply 3
To be honest I think he needs his space right now. Im sure he's more concerned about his grandma right now than some silly arguments with mates.

All you can really do is apologise and tell him you weren't aware of the situation, and let him know you're there for him if he needs you, and leave it at that for the time being.
Reply 4
umm leave him for a bit yer!

Then once it's dealt with it, go and see him and appologise.

Probably has his mind on other things at the moment and doesn't want any hasstle of anyone. He's probably really upset right now.
Reply 5
yeah, i didnt say anything that offensive, it just wasnt appropriate looking back on it. the thing is, he has been going out to clubs with some mutual friends recently and has been inviting some of my friends too. i find this a bit odd as they wont pick up my phonecalls now either..
Reply 6
sounds like you are getting disOWNED
Reply 7
Maybe you said something you have not realised how bad it was. Leave him to it for now and go and see him when he is a bit happier and say sorry and explain your situation.
Reply 8
I had this problem, sounds like the mutual 'friends' are influencing your mate and sh**tstirring. The best thing to do is wait a while and explain the misunderstanding, if they continue to leave you out would be probably best to make new friends who appreciate you.

Don't know why people like to break friendship groups up, everyone should be friends and not playing games to see the most friends they can get.
Reply 9
Nisherz187
To be honest I think he needs his space right now. Im sure he's more concerned about his grandma right now than some silly arguments with mates.

All you can really do is apologise and tell him you weren't aware of the situation, and let him know you're there for him if he needs you, and leave it at that for the time being.

:ditto:
Reply 10
Anonymous
yeah, i didnt say anything that offensive, it just wasnt appropriate looking back on it. the thing is, he has been going out to clubs with some mutual friends recently and has been inviting some of my friends too. i find this a bit odd as they wont pick up my phonecalls now either..

What did you actually say, it's important.
Reply 11
Say it wasn't you, its just your evil twin trying to destroy your good name.
Reply 12
he's probably not all that annoyed with you, he's probably just upset about the situation. I think he will forgive you.
Reply 13
sisalto
What did you actually say, it's important.

i was just hassling him about leaving his house as we were meant to be at the club at an earlier time, and i obviously didnt realise he was trying to sort through some family problems.
yeah i reckon i should just leave him for a while, ive let him know that im there for him. i also think the friend that told me he may never speak to me again was **** stirring, hes been known to do it. it just makes me so angry....i wish i could just turn back time

Latest

Trending

Trending