The Student Room Group

Convo was so dead and awkward

So I finally met my tinder match,we speak on text but when i met her for the first time ,conversation was too dead and awkward any suggestions to prevent this

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Hydroxy
Put your penis in her mouth.

Bruh
Reply 2
Original post by Hydroxy
Who cares if she's bad at conversation you're only on Tinder to get laid anyway

Can you please give me someone messages to send to my matches I am looking to get laid but don't know how to
Reply 3
I don't think Tinder was designed for those who speak English as an Nth language.
Original post by Profesh
I don't think Tinder was designed for those who speak English as an Nth language.

So you're saying it's not designed for people who speak English?
Reply 5
Original post by HandmadeTurnip

He's a dumbebag i
Reply 6
Original post by Anonymous
He's a dumbebag i

Q.E.D.
Reply 7
Original post by HandmadeTurnip

'Nth', as opposed to first, second, or third.
Original post by Profesh
'Nth', as opposed to first, second, or third.

But the n could equal 1.

If I had a sequence X1,X2,...,XN of all the languages someone spoke, it's very possible that N=1 hence only one language, X1.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by rayquaza17
But the n could equal 1.

If I had a sequence X1,X2,...,XN of all the languages someone spoke, it's very possible that N=1 hence only one language, X1.

Posted from TSR Mobile

checkmate
Original post by cole-slaw
checkmate

:wink:
But the n could equal 1.

Posted from TSR Mobile

You're supposed to derive humour from the common (grammatical) usage whereby 'th' appends to 'anything after third', and infer accordingly N>3. Though I may have been remiss not to account for the possibility that those who cite mathematics as their first language are, nevertheless, capable of forming relationships.

Very well: let the record (and GCSE Maths) show that N>3. The OP's linguistic infelicities are, I presume, sufficiently self-evident.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Profesh
You're supposed to derive humour from the common (grammatical) usage whereby 'th' appends to 'anything after third', and infer accordingly N>3. Though I may have been remiss not to account for the possibility that those who cite mathematics as their first language are, nevertheless, capable of forming relationships.

Very well: let the record (and GCSE Maths) show that N>3. The OP's linguistic infelicities are, I presume, sufficiently self-evident.
I don't understand I asked a simple question not maths, I ain't in a maths lesson , I am here for help
I don't understand I asked a simple question not maths, I ain't in a maths lesson , I am here for help

Tell em.

Anyway. Convos are only dead n awkward if the people having em are dead and awkward. Had to, mate. Because it's true.
Original post by Madd Taurusette
Tell em.

Anyway. Convos are only dead n awkward if the people having em are dead and awkward. Had to, mate. Because it's true.
so true , I never heard a serious relationship ,all girls wanted were looks looks , so I lack them,can you help me prevent being shy and quiet thanks a lot
so true , I never heard a serious relationship ,all girls wanted were looks looks , so I lack them,can you help me prevent being shy and quiet thanks a lot

Did you meet in person or still only texting...? Important...
Original post by Madd Taurusette
Did you meet in person or still only texting...? Important...

No we met on tinder and something happened.and never spoke to each other since the first time we met Tikal now never spoke to her since.So I just said buck it.Here is the story Met this girl on tinder, started talking and met her 3weeks ago Within a hour of meeting her , her mum calls and tells her ,their dad has been hit by a car.and now she hasn't spoke to me. She keeps saying I don't want to date because my dad is in hospital?
Original post by Profesh

I'm really confused about what you're saying? Are you saying that I claim mathematics to be my first language but I'm still capable of forming relationships??
I'm really confused about what you're saying? Are you saying that I claim mathematics to be my first language but I'm still capable of forming relationships??

That was also a joke.
Original post by Profesh
That was also a joke.

Okay I don't think your jokes are coming across well in this thread.

To get back on topic..:

OP: If her dad is in hospital, then she must be really worried about him and she needs her space.

But to avoid awkwardness, maybe you could do an activity where you are doing something when you meet up? Like idk go bowling or something? Then at least there will always be something to talk about? Or maybe go to the cinema then a meal afterwards - then during the meal, you could discuss the movie?
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest