The Student Room Group

I have one PayPal question

While I was checking and deleting the unwanted mail and junk in my e-mail account. I found out that I received a mail from pay pall that said this:

Account Status Update.Log in to your paypal as soon as possible HelloRecently, there's been activity in your PayPal account that seems unusual compared to your normal account activities. Please log in to PayPal to confirm your identity and update card information.We're concerned that someone is using your PayPal account without your knowledge. Recent activity from your account seems to have occurred from a suspicious location or under circumstances that may be different than usual. What do I need to do?

The funny thing is. I DON'T HAVE ANY PAYPAL ACCOUNT!Nor I never either wanted one nor used one.I've heard that there are some online mail frauds involving paypal so I was wondering is this one of them? Has anyone received any of this kind of mails? Because it seems that this is an official mail from them.

Here I'll post you an image of the mail.

For the record this is my personal e-mail account and so far I haven't gave the password to anyone, nor accessed from any other computer that the one in my home and so far I haven noticed any signs that it has been hacked.

Also I should mention that sender address seems to be my own.
No kidding, it says:

To:[email protected]

So this makes me think makes me think that this is a scam but how did this happen? Do you think it's some kind of virus? Or I got hacked my account?
What do you recommend me?
I assume that some of you use paypal(and therefore received mails from them) so tell me what is your opinion.

Please I'll appreciate some advice in this matter.
(edited 9 years ago)
How old are you?
Original post by Zid_85
The funny thing is. I DON'T HAVE ANY PAYPAL ACCOUNT!

seriously don't click on the links, delete it. It's a scam everyone gets that. Tip: anything dodgy delete it.
btw think about it lol you just said you don't have a paypal account so what are you going to enter if you do click on it? :biggrin:
(edited 9 years ago)
Well the fact you don't have a PayPal account is a big giveaway.

If you did, then I would just say to go to PayPal's main website and log in that way, rather than clicking the link.
Reply 4
Original post by mightyfrog2_10

btw think about it lol you just said you don't have a paypal account so what are you going to enter if you do click on it? :biggrin:

Original post by Runninground
Well the fact you don't have a PayPal account is a big giveaway.

I'm not asking for help because I want to enter there. I'm asking for help because I want to know how to identify a scam e-mail from an official Pay Pal one. Because if it turns out to be an official one that means that either:

1)Someone stole my identity to make a paypal account

2)There's a misunderstanding in Paypal and they think I'm responsible or associated with whoever this account belongs to.

That is what worries me(specially the stolen identity part). That's why I'm asking people here in the finance section of the forum for someone who is experienced with paypal tell me his advice and opinion.
Original post by Zid_85
I'm not asking for help because I want to enter there. I'm asking for help because I want to know how to identify a scam e-mail from an official Pay Pal one. Because if it turns out to be an official one that means that either:

1)Someone stole my identity to make a paypal account

2)There's a misunderstanding in Paypal and they think I'm responsible or associated with whoever this account belongs to.

That is what worries me(specially the stolen identity part). That's why I'm asking people here in the finance section of the forum for someone who is experienced with paypal tell me his advice and opinion.

Everyone gets an email like that don't worry you haven't been hacked or anything, I've received it many times and just deleted it. If you had a paypal account i think they have a messages area there and will guide you through what you need to do if there's some sort of suspicious activity with your account. Also, if you had outlook a trusted mail won't come up as junk and secure sender will have that small green shield symbol next to it.
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending