The Student Room Group

Audiology - Sept 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by am-mtj
No one applying for Southampton? 3: (First year doing audiology at Southampton here)

Yeah, Aston and Southampton don't do interviews and Leeds does a group interview.

Would you be able to tell us what to expect from the Leeds Interview :smile:
Reply 41
Original post by iamveryserious
Thanks!
I sent my application off in November and my predicted grades are ABC

Same! However, my predicted are ACC hopefully they can still offer me a place! Really would love to go to Aston
Reply 42
Original post by haseebi82
no i never applied to aston, however I have a friend who says he already got an offer from them. I think they don't have interviews, so you should find out soon enough :smile:

Hopefully I will soon!
Reply 43
Would you be able to tell us what to expect from the Leeds Interview :smile:

Unfortunately, I can't since I turned down Leeds and Aston XD Southampton was my only choice since I only wanted to do it here.
From what I do remember though, a topic was going to be given out prior to the actual group interview (I turned them down before the topic was given though...) and you'd have to look into it and prepare a little something to discuss. One the day it'd basically be a group discussion about that topic.
Exactly how much work is involved or what sorts of topics are asked, I don't know but it doesn't seem anything as major as individual interviews for other subjects.
Original post by bibliboo
How's that going? Southampton's too far away for me so I'm aiming for Leeds, Manchester or Aston.

Hey have you heard for audiology from Manchester and what are your predicted grades if you don't mind me asking#?
Original post by am-mtj
Unfortunately, I can't since I turned down Leeds and Aston XD Southampton was my only choice since I only wanted to do it here.
From what I do remember though, a topic was going to be given out prior to the actual group interview (I turned them down before the topic was given though...) and you'd have to look into it and prepare a little something to discuss. One the day it'd basically be a group discussion about that topic.
Exactly how much work is involved or what sorts of topics are asked, I don't know but it doesn't seem anything as major as individual interviews for other subjects.

Ok thanks mate for your help :smile:
Reply 46
Original post by prabskaur
Are you applying for Audiology too?

Yes, I will be. Won't be submitting my application for a week or two at the earliest.
Finally submitted my application. Woohoo!
Reply 48
Also do you have any idea on how the interview process is going to be, most universities are doing group interviews which I dont really like as when I applied last year for something else, it made it hard to say something without repeated someone else :P

Well I'm actually still debating whether I would want to go to swansea university seen as It's a 5 hour train journey from home! I emailed them about the interview process but they still haven't got back to me. Besides that I've not done any interview prep! How about yourself?
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by kif
Well I'm actually still debating whether I would want to go to swansea university seen as It's a 5 hour train journey from home! I emailed them about the interview process but they still haven't got back to me. Besides that I've not done any interview prep! How about yourself?

I'm basically just making sure I know recent things happing in the audiology news and that I know how to answer general question like why swansea and why audiology...

I know what you mean I'm still debating now if swansea a good idea because its really far and costs a lot on train to get there ( especially if you want to go home in the weekends), but then again its has no fees and saves money in the long term.
Hi:smile: I've got offers from Leeds, Aston and DMU, but haven't heard anything yet from Manchester. Has anyone heard from Manchester yet?
Still nothing from me :no:
I'm sure you'll get them soon, when did you send your application off?
Early December, I'm doing an access course though, maybe they deal with a level students first.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 54
I now have an offer from Southampton and a rejection from Aston.
Original post by ayeeel
I now have an offer from Southampton and a rejection from Aston.

Why a rejection?
Reply 56
Original post by bibliboo
Why a rejection?

All UCAS says is that I did not meet the entry criteria. I'm a mature student and my A-level grades aren't what they ask for, so that's fair enough.
Reply 57
Original post by AmreenAli
Hi:smile: I've got offers from Leeds, Aston and DMU, but haven't heard anything yet from Manchester. Has anyone heard from Manchester yet?

Nothing from Manchester yet.
I've had rejections from Swansea and Aston, a conditional offer from De Montfort and an invitation to a selection event at Leeds on the 18th. Still not heard anything from Manchester, fingers crossed though!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 59
Hi has anyone had an interview for leeds or manchester i dont know what to expect or what to prepare :confused:

Quick Reply

Latest