The Student Room Group

New Slipknot

Finding the new stuff so promising. Any Maggots out there?

Scroll to see replies

The leaked stuff I have heard so far sounds pretty awesome, what do you reckon to the new masks?
Don't care about the masks, but the new songs sound pretty decent. Good for blasting out at full volume.
Original post by Queen Cersei
The leaked stuff I have heard so far sounds pretty awesome, what do you reckon to the new masks?

A lot of the new masks are great. Love Sid's new gasmask and the new members masks are awesome. But in all honesty, I think Corey's looks like any old mask you can pick up in a halloween shop... Not his best.

Original post by cole-slaw
Don't care about the masks, but the new songs sound pretty decent. Good for blasting out at full volume.

Have you heard AOV and KILLPOP? There are some cheeky leaks out there. Think it's shaping up to be a really strong album
Reply 4
Didn't realise there was some new stuff to listen to!

Will check this out.
Original post by miser
Didn't realise there was some new stuff to listen to!

Will check this out.

Yeah there have been two songs officially released but there was a leak on youtube... might be taken down soon but it all sounds really good!
Reply 6
The new album is decent.

Just goes on a bit too long with some not so great moments.
Reply 7
Just watched The Devil In I video and wow... that's so creepy.

Pretty violent too.
I love their new stuff :smile: I feel as though they're revisiting SlipKnot (The negative one really sounds like it) but still managing to make a new sound. I really like the old-timely sound of the Devil In I's verses. Can't wait to get their new album!! Their new music videos have definitely surpassed Marilyn Manson in terms of creepiness :eek:
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 9
Original post by vee_wuvshugs
I love their new stuff :smile: I feel as though they're revisiting SlipKnot (The negative one really sounds like it) but still managing to make a new sound. I really like the old-timely sound of the Devil In I's verses. Can't wait to get their new album!! Their new music videos have definitely surpassed Marilyn Manson in terms of creepiness :eek:

Yeah. The Negative One reminded me a lot of Spit It Out.

After listening to Devil In I and The Negative One I have to say I didn't really like them so much. I much prefer when they provide a more melodic hook to the songs, like they had in Vol 3.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by miser
Yeah. The Negative One reminded me a lot of Spit It Out.

After listening to Devil In I and The Negative One I have to say I didn't really like them so much. I much prefer when they provide a more melodic hook to the songs, like they had in Vol 3.

Damn Vol 3 is a good album, but I really want another Slipknot style album.
Reply 11
I think I heard one of their new tracks a while back on The Radio 1 Rock Show and thought it was pretty good. I'm not a regular rock show listener and have never been a Slipknot fan either so for me to like the sound was quite something.
Reply 12
Damn Vol 3 is a good album, but I really want another Slipknot style album.

I liked Slipknot too but Vol 3 will probably always be my favourite. According to my 'Best of Slipknot' playlist, the Slipknot album is my second-favourite. :tongue:
Original post by miser
I liked Slipknot too but Vol 3 will probably always be my favourite. According to my 'Best of Slipknot' playlist, the Slipknot album is my second-favourite. :tongue:

I'm the other way round :biggrin: Slipknot then Vol 3.
Reply 14
I'm the other way round :biggrin: Slipknot then Vol 3.

Listening to their music at the moment and it feels pretty nostalgic. First got into it, like, 10 years ago. :eek:
Original post by miser
Listening to their music at the moment and it feels pretty nostalgic. First got into it, like, 10 years ago. :eek:

Yeah tell me about it. Wow ten years? I got into them about 4 years ago :redface:
Reply 16
Yeah tell me about it. Wow ten years? I got into them about 4 years ago :redface:

And may you be listening for another 6+! :biggrin: :rock:
I like The Negative One. Interesting video too.
Original post by miser

10 years?

amateur.

I was there at the beginning, in 1999.
Reply 19
Original post by cole-slaw
10 years?

amateur.

I was there at the beginning, in 1999.

Did you see them live in the early days?

Quick Reply

Latest