The Student Room Group

Can you do silver DOE award without doing bronze?

I was wondering if you could do silver award without doing the bronze award.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by toonervoustotalk
I was wondering if you could do silver award without doing the bronze award.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I always thought you could but i may be wrong.
It might be worth having a quick search on the internet to find out.
Yes, I went straight to silver.
Yeah you can
Original post by LavenderBlueSky88
Yes, I went straight to silver.

Original post by chocolatesauce
Yeah you can

OK thanks for the reply:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yes but I think you may have to do volunteering and stuff for a bit longer, though.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yes but it will just take you a bit longer to do.
Original post by Edminzodo
Yes but I think you may have to do volunteering and stuff for a bit longer, though.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nope you don't, you do the same amount.
Original post by Edminzodo

Posted from TSR Mobile

OK cool

Posted from TSR Mobile
I don't know what to do for the skills section of it
I am not good at musical instruments
I am going to the gym for the physical section and helping the elderly as my volunteering section

Posted from TSR Mobile
You can even go straight to Gold if you wish although you will have to do longer on volunteering and be over 16.

quote from website

"If you start your Silver without doing Bronze first you’ll have to do an extra 6 months volunteering or doing whichever of the Physical or Skills sections you have spent more time on. Though you can change your mind later, you should decide which section you want to do for longer at the beginning. Knowing how long you’re going to do it for will help you to choose your activity and set your goals for each section.
It will take you at least 6 months for Silver if you've already achieved your Bronze, or 12 months if you've jumped straight into Silver."

The skills section can be a wide variety of things - learn sign language, to knit, to tie knots, some carpentry, learn to drive, photography, a new language. Just be imaginative. A very useful skill is cookery!
(edited 9 years ago)
It's recommended that you do the previous level, just purely because you have more experience, especially for your expedition which is by far the most challenging aspect. I did bronze, currently doing silver and applying for gold and I must say silver was far easier having done an expedition already. However, you can still do silver without doing bronze just make sure you are prepared for the expedition and your time periods for each category will be longer. Good luck! :biggrin:
Original post by PalindromeGirl
It's recommended that you do the previous level, just purely because you have more experience, especially for your expedition which is by far the most challenging aspect. I did bronze, currently doing silver and applying for gold and I must say silver was far easier having done an expedition already. However, you can still do silver without doing bronze just make sure you are prepared for the expedition and your time periods for each category will be longer. Good luck! :biggrin:

They enrolled me onto bronze
( I may be with random people on the expedition as I am the only one doing bronze in my college)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending