The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Hi,
I'm looking at applying for the liberal arts course at Exeter and KCL, and then the combined honours course at Newcastle (they let you do three subjects so seems equivalent to liberal arts). I'm also thinking about St Andrews because you can study three subjects in the first two years.

How about you?
Original post by lydiavw
Is anybody else applying to study Liberal Arts in 2015? If so, what universities are you planning on applying to? I can't seem to find many people applying for this course. :~)

Hi!! thought i was the only one too hhaha..i'm applying for liberal arts at Kings, Exeter and Bristol then History of Art at St Andrews and UCL :smile: you??
(edited 9 years ago)
I was applying for liberal arts at Exeter, UEA and RHUL, however today the course at UEA has gone missing. I can't find it anywhere which is worrying. :s
Original post by jackturton
I was applying for liberal arts at Exeter, UEA and RHUL, however today the course at UEA has gone missing. I can't find it anywhere which is worrying. :s

hmm..that's odd, might be a sign to apply to a different uni! have you looked at the kings one?
Original post by myrimyrisauce
hmm..that's odd, might be a sign to apply to a different uni! have you looked at the kings one?

I'm hoping it's just temporary. They can't cancel a course at this time can they? Surely there would be some notice!! I've looked at Kings and it seems great but I don't think I'd get in :frown:
Original post by jackturton
I'm hoping it's just temporary. They can't cancel a course at this time can they? Surely there would be some notice!! I've looked at Kings and it seems great but I don't think I'd get in :frown:

yeahh that'd be a bit strange :s i'd email them just in case though! and you dont know if you'd get into kings unless you try!! (cringe, but true) i heard theyre quite generous with theyre entrance requirements too..my friend's sister got into an AAA course there with ABC grades!!!
yeahh that'd be a bit strange :s i'd email them just in case though! and you dont know if you'd get into kings unless you try!! (cringe, but true) i heard theyre quite generous with theyre entrance requirements too..my friend's sister got into an AAA course there with ABC grades!!!

That's reassuring. I'm applying for KCL with A*AB so fingers crossed!
I'm applying to Liberal Arts at Kings and Exeter and then Combined Honours in Arts at Durham (and joint honours in History/Politics at other two)
Really anxious about applying for such a new/rare degree ahhhhhh!!!
I'm applying for liberal arts + sciences at UCL and Birmingham, HSPS at Cambridge and Liberal arts at KCL and Bristol (already got a rejection from Bristol w/ A*A*A predicted which has me worried ngl)
Original post by FuzzingSas
I'm applying for liberal arts + sciences at UCL and Birmingham, HSPS at Cambridge and Liberal arts at KCL and Bristol (already got a rejection from Bristol w/ A*A*A predicted which has me worried ngl)

WHAT i have no hope then! Hopefully your other uni choices will see sense :smile:
WHAT i have no hope then! Hopefully your other uni choices will see sense :smile:

Haha, hoping it was a fluke! Dont worry it was probably my personal statement or something? I've applied to Kings too so i'm trusting you when you say they're generous :wink:
Have you applied yet? If so have you been sent the instructions from kings for you extra personal statement?
I'm worried b/c my extra ps has to be in by Friday (2 weeks after i applied) but they've not sent me the instructions as promised and not replied to any of my messages, freaking a bit!
Haha, hoping it was a fluke! Dont worry it was probably my personal statement or something? I've applied to Kings too so i'm trusting you when you say they're generous :wink:
Have you applied yet? If so have you been sent the instructions from kings for you extra personal statement?
I'm worried b/c my extra ps has to be in by Friday (2 weeks after i applied) but they've not sent me the instructions as promised and not replied to any of my messages, freaking a bit!

i applied last wednesday and have gotten acknowledgement emails but no offers yet :frown::frown: and i was told at the kings open day that they would contact me if a second statement is necessary..so i'm not too sure about that tbh:s-smilie:
i applied last wednesday and have gotten acknowledgement emails but no offers yet :frown::frown: and i was told at the kings open day that they would contact me if a second statement is necessary..so i'm not too sure about that tbh:s-smilie:

Dw me neither, and i applied around the tenth, let me know if you get anything! Weird, cause i have no message yet this is on my app overview?!:
~~~~
Because we recognise that you may also be applying through UCAS to single or combined honours programmes, applicants to Liberal Arts are asked to submit an extra personal statement. This should be uploaded to themyApplication system within two weeks of submitting your application. You will receive instructions on what to include and how to upload your personal statement in a separate message which will be sent shortly.

Please note: your application cannot be considered unless you submit the additional statement within two weeks of submitting your application.
~~~~
Whaaatttt
Kings needs to get their **** together, but maybe our ps's are fine just the way they are? In that case they could at least inform us?
Agh
Dw me neither, and i applied around the tenth, let me know if you get anything! Weird, cause i have no message yet this is on my app overview?!:
~~~~
Because we recognise that you may also be applying through UCAS to single or combined honours programmes, applicants to Liberal Arts are asked to submit an extra personal statement. This should be uploaded to themyApplication system within two weeks of submitting your application. You will receive instructions on what to include and how to upload your personal statement in a separate message which will be sent shortly.

Please note: your application cannot be considered unless you submit the additional statement within two weeks of submitting your application.
~~~~
Whaaatttt
Kings needs to get their **** together, but maybe our ps's are fine just the way they are? In that case they could at least inform us?
Agh

:eek4: ahhh, i'll try and get in touch with them by email or something because i made sure that my ps addressed liberal arts!! kings is my first choice aswell ermergerd!!! let me know if you hear back from them please!
:eek4: ahhh, i'll try and get in touch with them by email or something because i made sure that my ps addressed liberal arts!! kings is my first choice aswell ermergerd!!! let me know if you hear back from them please!

I will, you let me know too! I'm ringing tomorrow as soon as i get back from school...
But you never know, my whole ps is about interdisciplinary studies so maybe they are fine?
I shall not rest until i have an answer from them though xD
I will, you let me know too! I'm ringing tomorrow as soon as i get back from school...
But you never know, my whole ps is about interdisciplinary studies so maybe they are fine?
I shall not rest until i have an answer from them though xD

Yeah, I definitely will! Hopefully it'll all be resolved tomorrow!:crossedf:
What are some good universities for courses like this?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 18
Hi guys!
I just got an offer of A*AA for Liberal Arts & Sciences at Birmingham for deferred entry (starting Sept 2016). So excited ah! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by vi0laa
Hi guys!
I just got an offer of A*AA for Liberal Arts & Sciences at Birmingham for deferred entry (starting Sept 2016). So excited ah! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yay so did i!! But for next year, can barely contain my excitement!!! :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
Seems the lib arts team at birmingham are on top of things today :tongue:

Latest