The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by chem@uni
Where have you applied? and for what

English Lit: Exeter, Warwick, Lancaster, Southampton
Classics with English Lit: Reading
So I don't think i'm gonna be one of those people that get offers quickly!

Been a week now and heard nothing so far, :frown: wanted to be one of those lucky students that got an offer a couple of days after application was sent!
Sent mine off the 20th , got 2 conditional offers in the space of a week!!!!
Original post by Mattlloydd
So I don't think i'm gonna be one of those people that get offers quickly!

Been a week now and heard nothing so far, :frown: wanted to be one of those lucky students that got an offer a couple of days after application was sent!

Where did you apply for?
Original post by JDAWSON1997
Where did you apply for?

Cardiff, QM, RHUL, Reading, Oxford Brookes

had emails from all of them, but no offers.
Cardiff, QM, RHUL, Reading, Oxford Brookes

had emails from all of them, but no offers.

Youll probably start start getting offers within the next week , I'm guessing as I've not applied to any of those unis, although QM, RHUL and Cardiff may take a bit longer because there larger unis , good luck though :smile:
If you firm an unconditional, can you drop out of school? As in, to work or travel rather than attend school where it feels pointless?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by GeschichteJunge
If you firm an unconditional, can you drop out of school? As in, to work or travel rather than attend school where it feels pointless?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Theoretically, yes, but after uni employers will still want to know your A-level grades alongside your degree. That and you would have missed out on content that may come in useful in your first year, depending on subject.
Original post by loperdoper
Theoretically, yes, but after uni employers will still want to know your A-level grades alongside your degree. That and you would have missed out on content that may come in useful in your first year, depending on subject.

Thankfully I have my grades for Uni as it's Scottish Highers I sat last year! I applied for Law - we do not study any of it at school so I'd be going in without any prior knowledge :smile: I will have to see what offers I get though! Only have one so far and it's unconditional but from a uni (Strathclyde) I'm not certain in wanting to attend!
Thankfully I have my grades for Uni as it's Scottish Highers I sat last year! I applied for Law - we do not study any of it at school so I'd be going in without any prior knowledge :smile: I will have to see what offers I get though! Only have one so far and it's unconditional but from a uni (Strathclyde) I'm not certain in wanting to attend!

I'm not too sure on the scottish school system, but if you already have your highers then why are you still in school? Are you doing retakes?
8 weeks and nothing but acknowledgements and a rejection from cam, getting bored of this now
Sent on the 14th and got two conditionals and one interview in a few weeks, still waiting on two more (University of Birmingham and Aston) and the wait is killing me!
No offers yet, but interviews at Bradford (lowest insurance choice) and Manchester (top choice) have both been offered! Still waiting for responses from Bath, Birmingham and Aston.

Good luck everyone!

Yours,
Grey
Original post by loperdoper
I'm not too sure on the scottish school system, but if you already have your highers then why are you still in school? Are you doing retakes?

Nope, I got AAAAB (we don't get A*) so I'm doing Advanced Highers & another Higher just for the sake of it really as it's considered the norm really to do more here! :smile: It gives people the chance to get the grades needed for uni if they get conditionals based on their S5 results!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I applied on Monday the 17th November and got offers from all of my choices except from One which I'm still waiting for a response from.
Youll probably start start getting offers within the next week , I'm guessing as I've not applied to any of those unis, although QM, RHUL and Cardiff may take a bit longer because there larger unis , good luck though :smile:

I hope so! I know a few who've got offers from QM and RHUL, so i'm holding out hope that i'l get picked

really really want an offer from QM though!
I hope so! I know a few who've got offers from QM and RHUL, so i'm holding out hope that i'l get picked

really really want an offer from QM though!

What subject? I'm still waiting on Liverpool , Birmingham , Newcastle
What subject? I'm still waiting on Liverpool , Birmingham , Newcastle

English Lit / English Q300

I just want one offer then i'l be content for a while :smile:
English Lit / English Q300

I just want one offer then i'l be content for a while :smile:

I already have 2 offers , but I keep hearing people say they had all there offers within a week and it makes me jealous.
Nope, I got AAAAB (we don't get A*) so I'm doing Advanced Highers & another Higher just for the sake of it really as it's considered the norm really to do more here! :smile: It gives people the chance to get the grades needed for uni if they get conditionals based on their S5 results!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah, I see! Are you expecting/hoping for any more unconditionals?

Latest

Trending

Trending