The Student Room Group

University of Malta Medicine 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by WishIHadRevised
I see what you're saying but it is a lot to gamble given that this is the career you will be doing for the rest of your life.

Well if you need more encouragement I could add that the Maltese FP has only been running for a few years now and prior to that all Maltese Grads went to the UK to complete their training. This was the case even prior to EU membership. Many Maltese doctors chose to remain in the UK. Something like 80% left Malta. This was a great strain on the Maltese Health system and very few returned once they went to the UK.

Once the Maltese FP started, the majority of graduates stayed in Malta and only a handful go to the Uk to do their training there.

Some UK grads have remained on Malta because they love the island and have decided to start a new life there. Many others have gone back to the UK to carry on with training and because of the greater training opportunities that do not exist on a small island.

I am not aware of anyone becoming abandoned by the medical profession because they took their MD in Malta.

Consultant family members have told me that they have been impressed by the quality of Maltese doctors that they have worked with on a purely anecdotal basis.

My concern at the moment is any impact an EU referendum could have on UK student fees in Malta. This might affect existing as well as future students across the whole of the EU.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hello people,

I have a question according to courses of maltese. I got an offer from the medical school of Malta but (as probably you know) there is one condition - I have to start learning maltese and get a certificate till the end of August? Do you know any places (in Malta) which offer such courses? Do you know if there are open days within this medical school?

Regards,
Andrea :smile:
Original post by andreagie
Hello people,

I have a question according to courses of maltese. I got an offer from the medical school of Malta but (as probably you know) there is one condition - I have to start learning maltese and get a certificate till the end of August? Do you know any places (in Malta) which offer such courses? Do you know if there are open days within this medical school?

Regards,

Hello Andrea, Malta university does provide the language course but it comes with a hefty price. It's included on their email the details/links for the Maltese proficiency exam. I haven't heard of any open days but you can arrange to have a tour and check out their facilities etc.

I have contacted the admission office and the lady (from faculty of medicine) mentioned that she can arrange something for me when I come to visit Malta in few weeks time.

Regards.
Yeah, that is why I am looking for a language school which can offer me this type of course with a lower price. Thank you for the information :smile:. I'll be in Malta about 15th of June, if anyone wants to meet (maybe we will be classmates :wink:) just let me know.

Have a nice day!
Is anyone going to rent a flat in Malta (close to the medical university)? I am looking for a person/people who would be interested in sharing a flat. :smile:

Regards,
Reply 225
how's revision going for those sitting the entrance exam?
Hey,

Does this course of maltese include accommodation? :smile:

Regards,
Andrea
Hey guys, Ive got to do the bio and chem entry exam! Just about finished the Biology syllabus, need to now tackle chemistry:frown:. Also has anyone done the Biology sample question they gave on the neurotransmitter. I believe that answer should definitely be d.) and e.) but you can obviously only choose one correct answer. Can someone please clarify this for me??
Looking at the graph I think E is more clear.
Thanks for the reply :smile:. But terminal C is an IPSP, so it releases an inhibitory neurotransmitter so the chances of the threshold being reached is unlikely. So technically C.) Is definitely correct aswell. Its frustrating that's there's two correct answers when you can only chose one.
I am not very sure, but I think this question is to be answered based on whatever we see on graph. So if terminal C was to reduce the threshold being reduced, then the effect of terminal C should be shown just after either terminal A and B.
The graph clearly shows that when C is active, that there is a dip, indicating inhibitory actions and the threshold not being reached. In addition, When both A and C are active, it clearly shows that again due to C being an inhibitory neurotransmitter that the threshold will not be reached despite the combined affect of the A the excitatory neurotransmitter. This answer I'm basing it clearly on what is shown on the graph.
Hello,

is there anyone who is going to begin a course of maltese on 15th of june ? :smile:
Hello,

is there anyone who is going to begin a course of maltese on 15th of june ? :smile:

Hello Andrea,
I'm planning to register with the language course. From your previous post about accommodation are you looking into private accommodation or the shared accommodation that Malta university provides?
I would prefer to live in a private accommodation but I have to find someone who would like to share a flat with me. :smile:
Original post by tricia88
Hello Andrea,
I'm planning to register with the language course. From your previous post about accommodation are you looking into private accommodation or the shared accommodation that Malta university provides?

Btw where are you come from ? :smile:
Hey,

Does this course of maltese include accommodation? :smile:

Regards,
Andrea

I e-mailed them about this and no it doesn't, the course is purely 5,500 euros so you'd need to find/pay for your own accommodation/meals.
Original post by deoblack
I e-mailed them about this and no it doesn't, the course is purely 5,500 euros so you'd need to find/pay for your own accommodation/meals.

Yea, I know...Anyway thanks for the information. Are u planning to attend the course? :smile:
What's the general consensus in regards to accommodation ? Are you guys gonna try and secure something over there before the language course starts ?
Btw where are you come from ? :smile:

I'm from the UK. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending