The Student Room Group

Dealing with anxiety and stress?

So I have been really stressed out about school recently and yesterday I had anxiety throughout most of the morning, and I really can't deal with it all. Last year I suffered with some pretty rough panic attacks and already I'm really anxious in school some days, its not everyday, its just the odd day, but I think that a lot of it is to do with the pressure and stress of this year. I know that year 11 is a HUGE year, and I just really don't want to stress myself out too much and stuff. Does anyone have any tips to help me? I know there are lots of students who also suffer with panic attacks and anxiety so if anyone would mind sharing their tips I would really appreciate it. Thank you so much
Reply 1
Hope you are okay!

Have you let the guidance tutors know? I would advise this as they may be able to help you with various things such as deadlines or even mentoring.

Other than that regarding your anxiety, exercise helps as it releases endorphins which boosts your mood. Watch what you eat, try and cut out processed food and definitely stay away from anything which has caffeine in it, this includes chocolate.

You could also try meditation which is good as it clears your head.

Hope that helps, most of all take each day as it comes!
If you can recognise when you are starting to feel worse you can try breathing/relaxation techniques. Theres actually an app called "anxiety self help management" or something similar and theres some good info on it as well as some breathing techniques you can learn as far as i remember :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by Lyuz
If you can recognise when you are starting to feel worse you can try breathing/relaxation techniques. Theres actually an app called "anxiety self help management" or something similar and theres some good info on it as well as some breathing techniques you can learn as far as i remember :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
i too dont feel good at all too much stressss:confused: life is hard:frown:
Original post by Anonymous
So I have been really stressed out about school recently and yesterday I had anxiety throughout most of the morning, and I really can't deal with it all. Last year I suffered with some pretty rough panic attacks and already I'm really anxious in school some days, its not everyday, its just the odd day, but I think that a lot of it is to do with the pressure and stress of this year. I know that year 11 is a HUGE year, and I just really don't want to stress myself out too much and stuff. Does anyone have any tips to help me? I know there are lots of students who also suffer with panic attacks and anxiety so if anyone would mind sharing their tips I would really appreciate it. Thank you so much

Go to your GP and see what they recommend, different areas of the country seem to have quite different things available. Literally just say you've been having panic attacks, lots of stress and anxiety, if they're any good they'll then discuss your options.

I would recommend trying a route without medication first; things like therapy, acupuncture, healthy diet, routine, exercise. Medication can be very helpful, but i always think it's worth trying to make do without, side effects can be a real pain in the ass.

Quick Reply

Latest