The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Start 3 and a half years ago when I was 13 (just gone 17 now). Stupid decision and I know I should quit, but I don't want to, so I won't. I wouldn't be able to if I tried. I'm not sure why I started...someone offered me one and I thought I'd try it, so I did and it wasn't horrible, wasn't amazing...then over the next few weeks I accepted any more that I got offered and a few months later I was buying my own.
Mr.God
You have got to be joking. The way you deal with your body allows you to sit in judgement of other people? Like *******s it does. I take care of my body, and whilst I call other people lazy for not being in shape, to call them stupid because they CHOOSE to live that way is ridiculous. That's like saying that people who do a lot of reading in their spare time are entitled to call those who don't morons. Who are you to be allowed to make those judgements?

I'll tell you one thing, smoking is definitely more enjoyable than exercise for a lot of people (myself included). Some people place more priority on enjoying themselves than they do on exercising, surprisingly.

Ok, I admit i was being over-zealous with that statement, I was meerly trying to refute your accusations of hypocrisy.

And I fail to see how calling someone lazy for being fat is any different to calling them stupid?
Reply 42
Because being too lazy to do exercise refers to them making a conscious choice not to bother (i.e. prioritising unhealthy food and relaxing over exercise), whereas calling them stupid for not taking care of their body attempts to impose your priorities on them.
Mr.God
Because being too lazy to do exercise refers to them making a conscious choice not to bother (i.e. prioritising unhealthy food and relaxing over exercise), whereas calling them stupid for not taking care of their body attempts to impose your priorities on them.

Calling someone lazy is generally considered to be an insult, therefore you are still criticising their choice.
Reply 44
I know, I'm just arguing for the sake of it now because I don't want to admit I'm being a hypocrite.
Peart
You think it doesnt do your lungs in?

Is this some kind of unawesome joke?

I smoke because I want to.
I dont care about how and what is going to kill me and tbh i dont need people like you telling me how bad it is. I know and its my problem. NOT YOURS!

So do all us smokers a favour and just SHUT THE **** UP:smile:
Mr.God
I know, I'm just arguing for the sake of it now because I don't want to admit I'm being a hypocrite.

Haha exact same as me.

I guess I just don't like smoking. And you, apparently, hate fat people.

I can live with that.

EDIT:

gossip_girl
I dont care about how and what is going to kill me and tbh i dont need people like you telling me how bad it is. I know and its my problem. NOT YOURS!

People like this are especially, bad. Dear, this thread was made with the intention of discussing smoking. If you don't want to hear about your impending death, go elsewhere.
gossip_girl

I'm not going to stop you.

Infact, please, carry on. With a bit of luck you'll develop heart disease.
Reply 48
ducky_72
Haha exact same as me.

I guess I just don't like smoking. And you, apparently, hate fat people.

I can live with that.

I don't hate fat people. My family is fat and I have tons of fat friends.

I just wouldn't have sex with one under any circumstances.
Mr.God
I don't hate fat people. My family is fat and I have tons of fat friends.

I just wouldn't have sex with one under any circumstances.

No. The thought of it makes me very uncomfortable...
Reply 50
ducky_72
No. The thought of it makes me very uncomfortable...

For me it's as much about inability to get an erection as anything.
Peart
I'm not going to stop you.

Infact, please, carry on. With a bit of luck you'll develop heart disease.

And how do you know you wont get heart disease? or lung cancer? or become impotent? EVERYTHING is going to kill you, so just because people who smoke are taking that chance your going to condem us? WE are the people who are living.
Reply 52
gossip_girl
And how do you know you wont get heart disease? or lung cancer? or become impotent? EVERYTHING is going to kill you, so just because people who smoke are taking that chance your going to condem us? WE are the people who are living.

Personally I'm somewhere in the middle. I'm getting on for 23 now, and believe me, I've done YEARS of really, really heavy drinking several times a week, tons of drugs, lots of smoking and junk food, and these days I work out a lot and eat healthily, don't smoke and limit my drinking and drug use quite a lot, but equally I don't ever see myself being the sort of person not to drink at all and not have the occasional pizza.

What's the point in living if you're going to live inside a plastic bubble?

Do what makes you happy. You only have one life, live it the way that's going to make you happiest.
Reply 53
Its amusing when guys smoke as the cigarette, as the name suggests was originally designed for women. But no matter what gender you are, you just look like a tool. No offence of course.
Reply 54
Its amusing when guys smoke as the cigarette, as the name suggests was originally designed for women. But no matter what gender you are, you just look like a tool. No offence of course.
gossip_girl

No, I'm pretty sure you're an idiot. I can think of several things that arent going to kill me, and several reasons why I wont get heart disease, lung cancer or become impotent. But just because I dont know that for sure, it doesnt mean I want to make it a lot more likely by smoking like a tool.

And if your idea of "living" is such, then I wish you all the best.

Kudos, "Gossip Girl".
Peart
No, I'm pretty sure you're an idiot. I can think of several things that arent going to kill me, and several reasons why I wont get heart disease, lung cancer or become impotent. But just because I dont know that for sure, it doesnt mean I want to make it a lot more likely by smoking like a tool.

Kudos, "Gossip Girl".

im tired and not in a good mood. i cant be arsed to argue with you.
i smoke i will die, you dont smoke you wont die. that that what you want to hear:rolleyes:
Xopa

Indeed.

http://i10.tinypic.com/3zardao.jpg
You all need lives!!

Pearl, people smoke, get over it! I don't even like smoking because i think it stinks but if it makes other people happy then just let them! Stop stating the facts, I'm pretty sure that every smoker knows that it will cause lung disease and heart disease, noone is that stupid but they enjoy it so unless you wanna become the next prime minister or something and ban smoking, seriously get over it!

People are killed in car accidents all the time, does that mean we should not drive then?
Peart

Kudos, "Gossip Girl".

Only reason we'd get lung cancer with we breath in all that second hand crap they smoke, worse thing is she's not even making the effort to quit, to be honest just ignore them, they wanna destroy their lungs let them do it.

Latest

Trending

Trending