The Student Room Group

How easy will it be to up my grades in AS?

Hello! I'm a month into sixth form, taking Film Studies, English Literature, Philosophy, and politics. At the moment I'm achieving grade estimates from between A/B to B/C in my subjects. These aren't bad, I know, but I think can do much better - I genuinely love all my subjects, and I do pretty well in most classroom discussions. I haven't so far been revising properly - rereading now and then, but not habitually, as I've been adjusting to the workload - but I intend to re-organise and improve in this regard from this Thursday onwards.

My question is this: I know it's difficult given you don't know me, but if you had to guess, how much more effort / work do you think it would take for me to raise all my grades to consistent A's?

[Grammatically speaking, the title of this thread should be 'at AS', not 'in AS', I know, but I only noticed the typo after I pressed submit. :redface: So, there you go.]
(edited 9 years ago)
It is hard to say really with not knowing you.
At A-Level passion, determination and enthusiasm will be all you need. Unfortunately for me i lacked this in my first year but now at my second and things have changed.

What do you honestly think you can get? how well did you do at GCSE? Getting an A in A-Level exams means getting 80% of all marks or above. 70% for a B and so on.

You seem to enjoy them so I dont see why you cant get at least Cs in all.

A 'C' at A-Level is like an A at GCSE, so dont be disappointed! and remember if you get As at AS Level then at A2 (when things are harder) you may not do as well so make the most of year 1.

Quick Reply

Latest