The Student Room Group

Reapplying to university after withdrawal

Hi all,

Does anyone know if you can go back to the university that you recently withdrew from? I've made a really bad mistake by rushing into such a big decision without thinking it through properly and I want to go back now. Can anyone give advice? Anyone been in this situation before?

Posted from TSR Mobile
You might have to take a gap year and then join again the next year (if they want to take you back, that is)
Reply 2
No I don't want to do that, that's. Waste of a year. I still have time to pick the modules I've registered and everything, I have my student ID and accommodation. All I need is for them to say yes but I have no clue of what the chances of that will be :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Do you mean you have just stared at Uni and now want to transfer to another?
Or are we talking about 'not at Uni at all' but wanting to make a fresh application to a Uni you previously withdrew an application from?

We need a bit more info if we are going to be able to offer you any advice. :smile:
I'm sure you can. When specifically did you withdraw ? Contact the admissions officer for the course asap, i.e. tomorrow !
Reply 5
I've already gone through the whole registration process, I'm a student there I have my student id, I'm registered with that uni on student finance etc. I just left last Thursday and I made a big mistake by doing that, I really want to go back.

Btw thank you so much for replying guys.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Timesup88
I've already gone through the whole registration process, I'm a student there I have my student id, I'm registered with that uni on student finance etc. I just left last Thursday and I made a big mistake by doing that, I really want to go back.

Btw thank you so much for replying guys.

Posted from TSR Mobile

You left less that a week ago and you're already regretting it? I think a gap year is the way to go since you're obviously a bit undecided and unsure and you probably need time to sit down and think without pressure or close deadlines.

I'm not trying to be rude or insult you but it's just my personal opinion. Either way none of us can give you a definite answer and so you need to call the uni and see what they say.
If you haven't formally withdrawn then phone your Personal Tutor and talk to them about your situation. This is exactly the sort of situation they are there for.

But I would agree with posters above that if you are that undecided about Uni it might be a better idea to start again next year. In the meantime work, travel etc and have a think about why you want to go to Uni.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending