The Student Room Group

AAB or AAA Prdeicted grades alright for A*AA course

I've been prediced AAA and im currently doing the AQA extended project qualification and i want to do Law at university.I also got ABB in AS Economics,Government & Politics and English Literature. So should i apply to law courses that require A*AA such as UCL,Kings college, Queen mary's or LSE? I would really appreciate some advice.
I wouldn't recommend it for UCL, LSE or Kings.

Queen Mary had a lot of courses in clearing this year (but not LLB Law, if I remember right... BA Law and Politics was available), so they might be more lenient.

If you got ABB at AS then to be honest the natural trajectory for that would be ~AAB (depending, of course, on your exact marks, etc).

I doubt that they would look at ABB and then give you an A*AA offer right off the bat.

However, I might be wrong.
You could but you have to be very realistic about your chances of an offer - and can you really actually get those grades anyway?

For any course asking for an A* grade, you need to be on course for stellar grades. They will have their pick of candidates. They don't need to be kind to anyone borderline to fill the course.

Lots of advice here : http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/How_to_Avoid_Getting_5_Rejections
Reply 3
Original post by returnmigrant
You could but you have to be very realistic about your chances of an offer - and can you really actually get those grades anyway?

For any course asking for an A* grade, you need to be on course for stellar grades. They will have their pick of candidates. They don't need to be kind to anyone borderline to fill the course.

Lots of advice here : http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/How_to_Avoid_Getting_5_Rejections

Thank you for your advice.Yes i do believe i can get the grades. i got my A in government and politics with 90/100 in unit 1 and 80/100 in unit 2 and for Economics i was 5 UMS's off an A whith 77 in unit1 and 78 in unit 2.English literature was similar to Economics.

Quick Reply

Latest