The Student Room Group

Coming across as being weird. :I

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong to be honest, I'm nice to every person I meet both males and female as at the end of the day all I'm looking for is a good friend I can open up to. I've never had that, all the crap in my life just builds up and up and up while I have nobody to vent with or to give me any advice.

I'm doing nice things constantly for everybody around me but yet I have all these average friends, nice as they are I have no connection with ANYBODY. Not with my parents, people around me, I could not even open up to my ex's properly.

Is the issue on my end or am I just not best friend material?
Everybody needs a best friend, whether it be a male, female, lesbian, pet, or anthropomorphic teddy bear. You'll find someone eventually that you just click with ... it can take a long time to find your best friend. I've got plenty of good friends but there's still things I'd never talk about with anyone, maybe I need a best friend too haha. :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong to be honest, I'm nice to every person I meet both males and female as at the end of the day all I'm looking for is a good friend I can open up to. I've never had that, all the crap in my life just builds up and up and up while I have nobody to vent with or to give me any advice.

I'm doing nice things constantly for everybody around me but yet I have all these average friends, nice as they are I have no connection with ANYBODY. Not with my parents, people around me, I could not even open up to my ex's properly.

Is the issue on my end or am I just not best friend material?

I think it's you. You need to take a leap of faith and open up to someone, stop keeping it to yourself, let it out. Maybe some of those good friends are wondering exactly same and are not sure if they should open up to you.

Although, I can't say I've told everything even to my best friends, some things you just keep to yourself. And friends I had became best ones, because we happened to be in same places a lot of times, decided to do stupid things together, took responsibility for consequences, were there for each other when it mattered, it takes time and commitment to build really good friendship and you can't build such with everyone, some people have other things on their mind and go onto different paths.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending