The Student Room Group

Tier 4 visa delayed... What to do?

I didn't apply for my Tier 4 visa until late this summer as I was travelling and had to return to my home country to submit the documents. I sent everything priority, and thought I would have enough time to get everything back.

Well, I go to UCL and my course began on the 22nd. I still have not received my visa. I got an email several weeks ago saying my application had been delayed, and that it could take a maximum of 15 working days to process. That was on the 23rd. The last day to enrol is the 10th, this Friday.

I was also informed that I will get an email once a decision has been made on my visa. If it's approved, the earliest I will get it back is Thursday. That means I would leave the following morning, Friday (the 10th). At the earliest, I would arrive in the UK the 11th.

My question is basically this: what should I do? Is there any leniency when it comes to these situations? I haven't found ANYONE in a similar situation and I'm really starting to panic. I will call UCL in the morning, but I would really appreciate some advice if anyone else has been in this situation.
Reply 1
I know exactly what phase you went through...
I'm having 99.9% of the same situation now!

This is frustrating & I wish I could do something about it & I wish I had ample time to wait for their response.

What happened to your visa, did you get any lucky?? I just noticed its been 3yrs & it's too late to ask, but pls do reply the rest of your story!!! I'm curious as to know what happened.
Ps. Had I seen this thread 3yrs ago, I would of been some help, ^_^ Js!

- Jenny

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending