The Student Room Group

Any ghost stories or rumors of hauntings at your university?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Puddles the Monkey
:moo:

Poor cow :frown: I heard a rumour at my university that people bought astroturf, lined someone's room with it, then put a sheep in there.

Omg haha!

It's funny but I do feel sorry for the animals!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Not uni but I in school Now I went to school in Whinersh we had a music / Drama block and one of the practice rooms was opposite the drama cloke room there was always the rumour that the practice rooms were haunted I never believed it until one still summer night (this really happened). Me and the rest of the people in my group had to stay late to Rehears (for our drama evening) anyway was getting ready to go in when I saw the practice room door move very gently almost like a light wind had caught I though nothing of it but as I watched the movement got more and more vigorous until it was literally banging back an forth in it's frame like someone was shaking it and trying to get out the door had a window it and it was a totally empty room and then it just stopped I didn’t believe in ghosts back then but now I am not so shour.
Original post by New- Emperor
Not uni but I in school Now I went to school in Whinersh we had a music / Drama block and one of the practice rooms was opposite the drama cloke room there was always the rumour that the practice rooms were haunted I never believed it until one still summer night (this really happened). Me and the rest of the people in my group had to stay late to Rehears (for our drama evening) anyway was getting ready to go in when I saw the practice room door move very gently almost like a light wind had caught I though nothing of it but as I watched the movement got more and more vigorous until it was literally banging back an forth in it's frame like someone was shaking it and trying to get out the door had a window it and it was a totally empty room and then it just stopped I didn’t believe in ghosts back then but now I am not so shour.

This is genuinely creepy. :afraid:
Original post by rayquaza17
Haha all I know is:
One of the halls is next to a cow field.
Someone took one of the cows through the field, into the halls and up the lift.

No idea if it's true or not! It's pretty believable tbh because the cows just roam around freely.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Newcastle? That happened at my mates halls
At Cambridge, there are stories about phantom cats (at John's) and faces in windows (at Peterhouse). I think there was one at Peterhouse about ghosts of a student and the Master's wife (from 400 years ago) who both haunt the college, as the wife accidentally killed the student one night (they were having an affair) when the master walked in on them and she tried to conceal him in a closet or something. Most of the ones I know about are actually on Wikipedia, but there are some Cambridge ghost story books, too. We have ghost story readings at St John's every year, but the fellow who does it never tells Cambridge stories, unfortunately...
Original post by Puddles the Monkey
This is genuinely creepy. :afraid:

and true i also had somthing call me a fag once and that was a full mafestation at home
Reply 26
Original post by Viceroy
At Cambridge, there are stories about phantom cats (at John's) and faces in windows (at Peterhouse). I think there was one at Peterhouse about ghosts of a student and the Master's wife (from 400 years ago) who both haunt the college, as the wife accidentally killed the student one night (they were having an affair) when the master walked in on them and she tried to conceal him in a closet or something. Most of the ones I know about are actually on Wikipedia, but there are some Cambridge ghost story books, too. We have ghost story readings at St John's every year, but the fellow who does it never tells Cambridge stories, unfortunately...

It was the masters daughter, at corpus. All happened in the room you overlook if you are upstairs in the SPS library looking out over Free School Lane :laugh:

Cam ghost stories here http://www.varsity.co.uk/features/1418 though the version of the master's daughter one I heard was not that she forgot but that they had to leave as the college was closing for Christmas.
Original post by sj27
It was the masters daughter, at corpus. All happened in the room you overlook if you are upstairs in the SPS library looking out over Free School Lane :laugh:

Cam ghost stories here http://www.varsity.co.uk/features/1418 though the version of the master's daughter one I heard was not that she forgot but that they had to leave as the college was closing for Christmas.

Dang, she just left the guy there over Christmas? Wow, didn't know about that part of it...
Original post by the bear
and one of them said something about "you only vear your shirt open zo Bertie vill see your mann boobchens"

:lol: :giggle:

Or in modern English: "you only wear your shirt open so Bertie will see your little moobs!" XD XD XD XD

Good God lol
I briefly lived in a hall at uni where someone was quite recently killed in a freak accident, and there were rumours that the halls were haunted by the kid that was killed, and that if the lifts ever broke down it was him, and you would be next.
Original post by kirsty-92
Newcastle? That happened at my mates halls

Yep!

Is it true then??
Reply 31
Original post by Viceroy
Dang, she just left the guy there over Christmas? Wow, didn't know about that part of it...

No, the latch fell down without her realising it. She died of a broken heart once she found out what happened.
Story further went on that he was buried at the church at one end of free school lane (next to botolphs lane) and she at st benet at the other end and every Xmas eve you can see two ghosts walking from opposite ends of the lane to embrace in the middle...
Original post by sj27
No, the latch fell down without her realising it. She died of a broken heart once she found out what happened.
Story further went on that he was buried at the church at one end of free school lane (next to botolphs lane) and she at st benet at the other end and every Xmas eve you can see two ghosts walking from opposite ends of the lane to embrace in the middle...

Cool. Will have to check it out! :smile:
Original post by rayquaza17
Yep!

Is it true then??

yeah it was one of her flatmates who did it.
Original post by New- Emperor
and true i also had somthing call me a fag once and that was a full mafestation at home

Chris if you had a full manifestation at home 1/ you would have screamed like a banshee and 2/ I would have herd you or you would have told me. and I never herd you and you never told me.
Original post by jonathanemptage
Chris if you had a full manifestation at home 1/ you would have screamed like a banshee and 2/ I would have herd you or you would have told me. and I never herd you and you never told me.

I didn’t tell you because I didn’t want to scare you

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending