The Student Room Group

QTS Primary Education Interview

Hey,

Got an interview for Primary Education (3 yr) with QTS at Winchester on the 22nd, anyone else interviewing that day or anyone have any tips on what to expect?

Megan
Well done! When did you send your application off if you don't mind me asking?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Thankyou! Ummm I think it would've been the 11th of September... :smile:
Reply 3
I have an interview for the 4 year course (ideally want to do 3 years but keeping my options open and they said it's easy to switch to the 3 year course if you change your mind!) on the 12th Nov and I'm looking forwards to it but have no idea what childrens book to bring!

Judging by the date of your original post am I right in saying you've had your interview already? If so, how did it go? What book did you bring?:smile:
Reply 4
I did yeah I thought it went really really badly but it must have been good since they offered me a place XD I brought a book from a local author to me called 'finding dotty (in the bag that thinks a potting shed)' I think I replied to you on another thread with more detail about the book thing...

R.e. The day itself theres kind of 4 parts, everyone is together and theres an introduction to the course and what they're looking for etc. and then you split off into groups and then half of you do a written task, you are given an article and you have to comment on it, whilst the other half work on the book presentation and from that group people are taken in for individual interviews with 2 tutors or a tutor and a headteacher, mine was with the course leader and another tutor, and then the group preaentation after that. The individual interview is fine don't worry about it just make lots of eye contact and be enthusiastic :smile:

Even more Good Luck!
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 5
Original post by Megan2408
I did yeah I thought it went really really badly but it must have been good since they offered me a place XD I brought a book from a local author to me called 'finding dotty (in the bag that thinks a potting shed)' I think I replied to you on another thread with more detail about the book thing...

R.e. The day itself theres kind of 4 parts, everyone is together and theres an introduction to the course and what they're looking for etc. and then you split off into groups and then half of you do a written task, you are given an article and you have to comment on it, whilst the other half work on the book presentation and from that group people are taken in for individual interviews with 2 tutors or a tutor and a headteacher, mine was with the course leader and another tutor, and then the group preaentation after that. The individual interview is fine don't worry about it just make lots of eye contact and be enthusiastic :smile:

Even more Good Luck!

Yep, replied to you on that thread, I was getting a bit panicky so just did a quick winchester primary education search on tsr and commented on a few haha!

Thanks for the info re the interview, sounds like a long process but I'm looking forward to it!

Well done for your offer! (again!) :smile:
Reply 6
Hey, just a quick question, I had my interview last Wednesday and I was wondering how quickly you found out if you got a place or not?! I'm worrying cause I haven't heard anything yet and everyone else I know that has a place heard within 2 days:s-smilie:

Well done for your offer!
Reply 7
I heard the next day :s-smilie: It'll probably just be they're taking a while getting through everyone, don't worry!!
Reply 8
I really hope so, I'm getting worried but then again I haven't had a message saying I haven't got a place so I should stop worrying!

Quick Reply

Latest