The Student Room Group

Instagram for doctors

This is both gory and fascinating for a layman.

What do you guys think?

Useful?

Will you get the app?
A lot of clinical medicine is very visual. You can read about x lesion or y clinical sign in a textbook until you're blue in the face, but you really need to see it with your own eyes in order to have the confidence to recognise it on the wards.

I think the app is great. The more images of clinical findings the better. It's certainly more helpful than seeing the same grainy photographs being recycled in every textbook and website.
Original post by shiggydiggy
A lot of clinical medicine is very visual. You can read about x lesion or y clinical sign in a textbook until you're blue in the face, but you really need to see it with your own eyes in order to have the confidence to recognise it on the wards.

I think the app is great. The more images of clinical findings the better. It's certainly more helpful than seeing the same grainy photographs being recycled in every textbook and website.

I imagine it would be very useful in that respect. I wonder how they verify that people are doctors?

I think I'm going to make a decision not to get it as I don't think an app like that will be any good for my hypochondria. :afraid:
Original post by Puddles the Monkey
This is both gory and fascinating for a layman.

What do you guys think?

Useful?

Will you get the app?

I am definitely getting it, no doubt about it!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I wonder how they verify that people are doctors?

More like how do they verify the patient consented for web distribution :confused: Hiding faces or tattoos aren't fail-safes for protecting anonymity. Unusual visual characteristics that make an image worth sharing could be pretty identifiable.
This app is of no use to me personally.
Reply 6
Good for doctors, but you know the odd nutjob will come along and download it just to have some material to get off to.
Original post by Quilverine
More like how do they verify the patient consented for web distribution :confused: Hiding faces or tattoos aren't fail-safes for protecting anonymity. Unusual visual characteristics that make an image worth sharing could be pretty identifiable.

It has a built in consent form for the patient to complete before an image can be submitted.

It's up to the patient to make these considerations.
Original post by Arkasia
Good for doctors, but you know the odd nutjob will come along and download it just to have some material to get off to.

...but this is true of pretty much everything, alas. :frown:
Reply 9
...but this is true of pretty much everything, alas. :frown:

Very true, Rule 34 proves this.
Figure 1?
(edited 9 years ago)
I've had Figure 1 since the week it came out! I'm in Y12 but have a really big interest in hospital medicine, I absolutely love the app because if I don't understand a concept (having researched it) I can just ask in the comments and the community will always help out! Some of the patient cases are fascinating as well. Well worth it in my opinion!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending