The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Reapply with same personal statement?

hello,

i missed my offer last year for an engineering course and I am reapplying again this year. After contacting my UCL department I was told that i would have to "change up my personal statement" so that it wouldn't be flagged up and removed automatically(i think the software is called "TURNITIN") however on the webiste it said it is only used for current students?!!!!....

I called UCAS, and they said "you can use the same one, our system will put 2 and 2 together and you will be fine as we will tell the universities.

Now obviously i have made tweaks here and there, but my personal statement is practically the same as last years... Im not sure what to do, should I just send it???... im versy confused and I was really happy with my personal statement last time...HELPPPPPP
Original post by Alpha 3
hello,

i missed my offer last year for an engineering course and I am reapplying again this year. After contacting my UCL department I was told that i would have to "change up my personal statement" so that it wouldn't be flagged up and removed automatically(i think the software is called "TURNITIN") however on the webiste it said it is only used for current students?!!!!....

I called UCAS, and they said "you can use the same one, our system will put 2 and 2 together and you will be fine as we will tell the universities.

Now obviously i have made tweaks here and there, but my personal statement is practically the same as last years... Im not sure what to do, should I just send it???... im versy confused and I was really happy with my personal statement last time...HELPPPPPP

I think you could re-use it. Just tweak it 'well' and try to chip in what you're doing with your gap year.
All the best. :top:

Posted from TSR Mobile
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 2
Original post by DannyAbba
I think you could re-use it. Just tweak it 'well' and try to chip in what you're doing with your gap year.
All the best. :top:

Posted from TSR Mobile

thanks alot, I am having alot of troubles "tweaking" it as I was so happy with it last time.:colondollar:....

hopefull im finished, but being honest 90% of it is the same, I have maybe changed a word in some paragraphs and a sentence or two in others.... I just hope its OK...

about what i'd do with my GAP year, I dont have anything planned but would my referee be able to include that instead of me?

THANKS MAN!:biggrin:
Reply 3
Just adjust the things that are relevant, if nothing has changed then there's no need to change it. As long as you're applying for the same course.
Original post by Alpha 3
thanks alot, I am having alot of troubles "tweaking" it as I was so happy with it last time.:colondollar:....

hopefull im finished, but being honest 90% of it is the same, I have maybe changed a word in some paragraphs and a sentence or two in others.... I just hope its OK...

about what i'd do with my GAP year, I dont have anything planned but would my referee be able to include that instead of me?

THANKS MAN!:biggrin:

Yeah, I guess your referree could write about that.

Good luck. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending