The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Chemical eng at UCL help!

I finished my a levels this year with BBB in maths, chemistry(1ums off an A) and physics.
I'm doing a year in industry this year as well as retaking some modules. I did not apply to uni last year so this year my teacher predicted me AAAD (D in AS psychology since ucl requires a pass in a further AS subject)
Will I get an offer with these predictions?
Original post by Bricktop
I finished my a levels this year with BBB in maths, chemistry(1ums off an A) and physics.
I'm doing a year in industry this year as well as retaking some modules. I did not apply to uni last year so this year my teacher predicted me AAAD (D in AS psychology since ucl requires a pass in a further AS subject)
Will I get an offer with these predictions?

I'm confused - when you say you finished your A Levels, do you mean you got BBB at A2? If so, why do you have predictions? If you do have BBB at A2, then no you won't get an offer for Chemical Engineering.
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 2
Original post by Chlorophile
I'm confused - when you say you finished your A Levels, do you mean you got BBB at A2? If so, why do you have predictions? If you do have BBB at A2, then no you won't get an offer for Chemical Engineering.

Last year i did not apply to uni. I got BBB in my A2's. So this year im applying and on my reference my teacher gave me a prediction of AAAd(d in psychology) and obviously i will be retaking some modules? Will i get an offer?
Reply 3
Last year i did not apply to uni. I got BBB in my A2's. So this year im applying and on my reference my teacher gave me a prediction of AAAd(d in psychology) and obviously i will be retaking some modules? Will i get an offer?

Contact the admissions tutor and ask directly. They obviously can't tell you if you would get an offer but you could ask them if your application would be considered even though you've already got your A levels

Oh, you're retaking. I think it's very unlikely you'll get an offer from UCL though. I'm not even sure if UCL accepts A Levels taken over 3 years and even if they do, they wouldn't regard AAA with retakes to be as good as AAA without. Bearing in mind that UCL's offers for Chemical Engineering range from A*AA-AAA (AAB is only for contextual offers), the fact that you're predicted at the lower end of the spectrum taken in conjunction with the facts that...
-Post A2 applicants are generally expected to have higher grades
-You're going to have to retake tons
-You're taking your A Levels over three years
-They probably won't believe you'll get AAA anyway
...means it's extremely unlikely you'll get an offer from them, one of the most competitive universities in the world. Sorry :/
Reply 5
Original post by Chlorophile
Oh, you're retaking. I think it's very unlikely you'll get an offer from UCL though. I'm not even sure if UCL accepts A Levels taken over 3 years and even if they do, they wouldn't regard AAA with retakes to be as good as AAA without. Bearing in mind that UCL's offers for Chemical Engineering range from A*AA-AAA (AAB is only for contextual offers), the fact that you're predicted at the lower end of the spectrum taken in conjunction with the facts that...
-Post A2 applicants are generally expected to have higher grades
-You're going to have to retake tons
-You're taking your A Levels over three years
-They probably won't believe you'll get AAA anyway
...means it's extremely unlikely you'll get an offer from them, one of the most competitive universities in the world. Sorry :/

My friend retook his whole AS and got all of his offers including UCL. I am also doing a year in industry this year, will this put me in an advantage?
My friend retook his whole AS and got all of his offers including UCL. I am also doing a year in industry this year, will this put me in an advantage?

Your friend may have taken his whole AS, but you're retaking your A2s - and you're applying with BBB. Plus, Chemical Engineering is an extremely competitive department. I didn't say you're not going to get an offer, just that it's extremely unlikely. It's good that you're doing the YINI, but I don't think it'll make up for your grades.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending