The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
...Plenty of their songs are emotional but they're not 'emo' - not that anybody can decide which bands are emo anyway.
Reply 2
no. they dont play anything close to being hardcore music.
Reply 3
deleted
Reply 4
Nobody will laugh if they have no idea what emo is, I suppose. But then you would question the point of an emo day... :p:
Reply 5
No, it ain't hardcore.

There is a certain reputation attached to those fans obsessed with Richey, even though half of them were in nappies when he ****ed off...
Reply 6
Ohhh, double post. That is so bad.
Reply 7
heliotrope
no. they dont play anything close to being hardcore music.

possibly not sound wise, but they do have song titles like 'archives of pain' and the whole of the holy bible is pretty 'hardcore', and some of the lyrics sound very emo-y.

However, no, they're not emo, but I think you could wear the t shirt, and if anyone questions it, just quote a line like
'And life can be as important as death, But so mediocre when there's no air, no light and no hope'
everybody's emo and i don't feel the same.....
Reply 9
Aren't the Spice Girls emo? or are they Death Metal? :rolleyes:
Reply 10
Come on fellas, place your bets
'Cause you ain't seen nothing yet
She's the top of the top
She's the best!
Yes.
Reply 11
...Apparently the lyrics are 'talk of the town' but I don't believe it. :wink:
the faders are death metal...look at their clothes
:rofl:

:redface:

to A.ndrew :p:
Reply 14
I think No Sleep Tonight is being re-released or something and now it's just that girl on her own - under the name of Molly McQueen. :eek: It was on MSN Music a few weeks ago. I was frightened.
n u c l e a r b d h
I think No Sleep Tonight is being re-released or something and now it's just that girl on her own - under the name of Molly McQueen. :eek: It was on MSN Music a few weeks ago. I was frightened.

No sleep tonight........raaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar....no sleep tonight, you won't get no fookin sleep tonight.......arghhhhhhhhhhhhh........ughhhhhhhh......no ***in sleep....ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Reply 16
I bought that song. :cool:
Reply 17
lil_groovy_dude
:rofl:

:redface:

to A.ndrew :p:

:biggrin:

Thanks for the rep... :smile:
LostRiot
possibly not sound wise, but they do have song titles like 'archives of pain' and the whole of the holy bible is pretty 'hardcore', and some of the lyrics sound very emo-y.

However, no, they're not emo, but I think you could wear the t shirt, and if anyone questions it, just quote a line like
'And life can be as important as death, But so mediocre when there's no air, no light and no hope'

oh, theres certainly a punk thing going on with some of the earlier records, but its translated via post punk rather than by hardcore, and i definitely wouldnt say the holy bible lyrics are at all emo-y; theyre very much socio-political...
"Emo" although short for emotional, is a subdivide for bands like my chemical romance and panic at the disco. There is far more emotion in a Smiths song of a Macnis song, but Emo doesnt describe if its emotional or not, it describes the fashion or the sound of the music now.

I'd argue emo was mroe about fashion that music! But that is somethign else entirely.

Latest