The Student Room Group

GIRLS!!! How do I text a girl I like?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by jay2013
Part of a recent convo I had that eventually led to banging (girl was in the same city btw):

Me: Yo how was your weekend?
Her: It is good! Thanks. How was yours?
Me: My weekend was a nightmare!
Her: Why? What happened?
Me: My sidekick didn't show on Saturday. I had to save all the drunk people by myself, it was exhausting! And on Sunday all my clothes turned pink in the laundry :-(
Her: LOL so you're a superhero? I think pink will suit you!
Me: Of course, by day I study ______, by night I prevent drunk people from falling over. But I need to recruit a new sidekick now :-( You wouldn't be saying that if you saw my pink underwear :-p
Her: lol where can one apply to be your sidekick? And what's the pay like? :-p Boxers or briefs?
Me: You can send your CV and covering letter to (my email address). There's no pay, but you do get free dental care :-p Boxers!

There was more to the conversation, but the point is to be funny, flirt and tease her a little. Develop some inside jokes as well. Then when she comes back she'll want to hang out/see you. Your main problem right now is that she lives abroad at the moment - so don't get too paranoid about her not replying back straight away.

This is VERY good! I sort of had this when we were on IM (it was a work IM). She used to initiate everyday and there used to be bucket loads of banter and flirtations.

Yeah my main problem is she lives abroad now. This wasn't a problem with IM, since she she did it whilst at work. I can see on whatsapp that she does seem to be using her phone during the daytime, but I'm nervous about texting her then. I have occasionally messaged her via her IM email and she responds. So far in texting, I have texted twice and she responded enthusiastically back, but it didn't really lead to a full on conversation like before.

I need to get the inside jokes going again. I mean I could text her right now, but I'm worried about no response.. should I do it?

How would you start off, just say how are you doing today?

Or should I wait for a Friday text?
Reply 21
Fair enough, but I'm nervous cos it's her! I don't think twice when messaging a friend, it's just when I text her!
Reply 22
Original post by jay2013
Part of a recent convo I had that eventually led to banging (girl was in the same city btw):

Me: My sidekick didn't show on Saturday. I had to save all the drunk people by myself, it was exhausting! And on Sunday all my clothes turned pink in the laundry :-(
Me: Of course, by day I study ______, by night I prevent drunk people from falling over. But I need to recruit a new sidekick now :-( You wouldn't be saying that if you saw my pink underwear :-p
Her: lol where can one apply to be your sidekick? And what's the pay like? :-p Boxers or briefs?
Me: You can send your CV and covering letter to (my email address). There's no pay, but you do get free dental care :-p Boxers!

There was more to the conversation, but the point is to be funny, flirt and tease her a little. Develop some inside jokes as well. Then when she comes back she'll want to hang out/see you. Your main problem right now is that she lives abroad at the moment - so don't get too paranoid about her not replying back straight away.

This really is solid advice bro! Agreed that she is abroad being a major factor. I'm worried about texting her during the day as she's at work, but she does appear to be using whatsapp anyhow. Is it all right to text then?

How to get a convo going? Best way to start it?
Original post by jaspreet123
This really is solid advice bro! Agreed that she is abroad being a major factor. I'm worried about texting her during the day as she's at work, but she does appear to be using whatsapp anyhow. Is it all right to text then?

How to get a convo going? Best way to start it?

Just leave it for now. Text her some time on Monday and ask her how her weekend was - try and text her so she receives the text when she's in the evening - - if she's ahead by a few hours then text her during the afternoon so she gets it in the evening (because she's ahead of you time wise), if she's behind by a few hours then text her late in the evening (again so she receives it during her evening).
Original post by jay2013

Agree with this smooth guy.

Your main problem is the time difference and she lives abroad. Don't worry too much about responses. But try to text her when she is awake for one and also when she is more sexually active. I.e. not 9 am on monday morning, but mid week or in the evenings her time on Thursday, Friday or the weekends. She's thinking about having fun and looking forward to relaxing/letting her hair down. Then she will associate you with fun.

Just don't be nervous. If she doesn't respond, just wait a bit and text her another day. From the sounds of it, she does like you and you two had some chemistry. And you said that when you got her whatsapp she has responded so odds are she will again. Just ask her how's it going ABC? Replace ABC with a flirty inside joke name. The conversation should flow naturally. Like this guy suggested just use stuff like i'm being a superhero today or talk about a quote or tv or something. Be playful with her.

Tbh I think you could chance and text her whilst she's working. For one, you said you used to IM at work. If she replies, you know she is game to texting whilst at work. Don't worry if she takes time to respond though. Otherwise email/IM her in the day and text her in the evenings or when she texts you. If she's online on whatsapp whilst at work, she is most likely talking to her girlies or workmates, but might as well give it a go!

If not, text her at the end of the week with playful texts, and just stay up one night to respond to her. If she says, still up? Say, of course, I'm going to bed with you. Then clarify you meant when you do. or something like that (or something better than that lol)

Don't worry about girls not responding, for some reason, some girls just like attention and mess about. Key is to message them a lot and play their little game, and then when they talk to you regularly or initiate, to play the game back. Then you become a challenge suddenly and they like that.
Original post by jay2013
Just leave it for now. Text her some time on Monday and ask her how her weekend was - try and text her so she receives the text when she's in the evening - - if she's ahead by a few hours then text her during the afternoon so she gets it in the evening (because she's ahead of you time wise), if she's behind by a few hours then text her late in the evening (again so she receives it during her evening).

Having said that, shouldn't OP try and text her once at work to gauge whether she is open to that? If he's been emailing/IM'ing her before then she might respond by text.

Otherwise evenings might be better I guess, but mix it about a bit.
Reply 26
Original post by jay2013

Good point. She's behind time wise. I mean I was IM'ng with her before during work hours and managed to get her laughing and mustered the courage to ask her for whatsapp. I texted her last Friday night/Saturday morning. But since then, I've held off.

Should I go for a text tomorrow whilst she's at work? I'm a bit worried about lack of conversation on the weekend.. do you think she would respond then? I do see your point about her being free in the evenings or more socially active in terms of her mindset.

What kind of stuff would I text her though on the weekend. I mean this weekend for example, I'm just chilling, when she asks me what am I up to I struggle to come up with something that sounds cool!

How do I get her interested in my life and her to want to constantly be texting me?
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 27
Original post by neerajpatel
Agree with this smooth guy.

Your main problem is the time difference and she lives abroad. Don't worry too much about responses. But try to text her when she is awake for one and also when she is more sexually active. I.e. not 9 am on monday morning, but mid week or in the evenings her time on Thursday, Friday or the weekends. She's thinking about having fun and looking forward to relaxing/letting her hair down. Then she will associate you with fun.

Just don't be nervous. If she doesn't respond, just wait a bit and text her another day. From the sounds of it, she does like you and you two had some chemistry. And you said that when you got her whatsapp she has responded so odds are she will again. Just ask her how's it going ABC? Replace ABC with a flirty inside joke name. The conversation should flow naturally. Like this guy suggested just use stuff like i'm being a superhero today or talk about a quote or tv or something. Be playful with her.

Tbh I think you could chance and text her whilst she's working. For one, you said you used to IM at work. If she replies, you know she is game to texting whilst at work. Don't worry if she takes time to respond though. Otherwise email/IM her in the day and text her in the evenings or when she texts you. If she's online on whatsapp whilst at work, she is most likely talking to her girlies or workmates, but might as well give it a go!

If not, text her at the end of the week with playful texts, and just stay up one night to respond to her. If she says, still up? Say, of course, I'm going to bed with you. Then clarify you meant when you do. or something like that (or something better than that lol)

Don't worry about girls not responding, for some reason, some girls just like attention and mess about. Key is to message them a lot and play their little game, and then when they talk to you regularly or initiate, to play the game back. Then you become a challenge suddenly and they like that.

Appreciate this. I will try this out. What do you do when she asks "Up to anything fun?" or what are you doing?

I find it hard to sound cool to her!
Good point. She's behind time wise. I mean I was IM'ng with her before during work hours and managed to get her laughing and mustered the courage to ask her for whatsapp. I texted her last Friday night/Saturday morning. But since then, I've held off.

Should I go for a text tomorrow whilst she's at work? I'm a bit worried about lack of conversation on the weekend.. do you think she would respond then? I do see your point about her being free in the evenings or more socially active in terms of her mindset.

What kind of stuff would I text her though on the weekend. I mean this weekend for example, I'm just chilling, when she asks me what am I up to I struggle to come up with something that sounds cool!

Tomorrow you could text her and ask what plans she has for the weekend. Then you follow up on Monday to ask how it went. For example if she says something like "I have no plans this weekend" follow up on Monday with something like "was it fun not doing anything over the weekend :-p".

If she asks you what you're up to then just play with her! Like "I've hired out a fire trunk for Saturday night. I'm going to play firefighter." Or "I'm doing the "drunk as a skunk" challenge. 24 hours of non-stop drinking. Hopefully my liver will forgive me!"
Reply 29
Original post by jay2013
Tomorrow you could text her and ask what plans she has for the weekend. Then you follow up on Monday to ask how it went. For example if she says something like "I have no plans this weekend" follow up on Monday with something like "was it fun not doing anything over the weekend :-p".

If she asks you what you're up to then just play with her! Like "I've hired out a fire trunk for Saturday night. I'm going to play firefighter." Or "I'm doing the "drunk as a skunk" challenge. 24 hours of non-stop drinking. Hopefully my liver will forgive me!"

Okay liking the sound of this. In terms of timing, should I try during the daytime, or literally just in the evening after she's finished work? I used to email her during the day and get talking, but it depended on her mood at the time. In the UK she hardly replied to texts. Since she's been abroad she has replied to texts all the time. But I'm worried as to how to get it flirty and banterful.

Are there any other cool ways/things to say that sound flirty and fun when she asks me things like "Doing anything fun?" or "Plans this weekend?"
Okay liking the sound of this. In terms of timing, should I try during the daytime, or literally just in the evening after she's finished work? I used to email her during the day and get talking, but it depended on her mood at the time. In the UK she hardly replied to texts. Since she's been abroad she has replied to texts all the time. But I'm worried as to how to get it flirty and banterful.

Are there any other cool ways/things to say that sound flirty and fun when she asks me things like "Doing anything fun?" or "Plans this weekend?"

Anything works really, as long as it's not offensive e.g. making fun of blind people, etc.

"I'm going to lose my Breaking Bad virginity this weekend."
"I'm thinking of starting a new rock band. Do you know of a cool name for a rock band?"
"I'm going to go wild! I'm going to go crazy! I'm going to play some chess!"
Reply 31
Original post by jay2013
Anything works really, as long as it's not offensive e.g. making fun of blind people, etc.

"I'm thinking of starting a new rock band. Do you know of a cool name for a rock band?"

Haha okay I will try. Love that last line btw, mind if I borrow that?!

I think I'm just nervous because it's her.

I don't have a problem texting any of my other female friends, just this girl. How do I get over that? And when she takes time responding, or doesn't use a smile or an x, I get all worried. Which puts me off in replying to her with the same level of flirtiness.

I can't understand her, sometimes she is flirty and fun and other times, she's more of a two word "u too!" type of girl. Can I ask something else?

Once she was IM'ing me "Have you been to XYZ restaurant?" and when I said not yet, she said I should go, she'd been and it was great. Definitely take your date there." I said will do, just need to find a date.

Was she fishing for whether I had a girlfriend?
u r moist m8
Okay any suggestions for what I can message her to make her laugh and keep her interested? I'm nervous around her/texting her. I really do like her.

Do you possess a sense of humour? Use that.
Reply 34
Original post by Profesh
Do you possess a sense of humour? Use that.

Ice breakers or suggestions to arouse her on that first/second text? How to get a conversation going which really flows and she wants to keep going?

Also should I use x's?
Reply 35
Original post by jay2013

Any others? These are top. How do you know if a girl misses you and wants to talk to you?
Ice breakers or suggestions to arouse her on that first/second text? How to get a conversation going which really flows and she wants to keep going?

Also should I use x's?

Any others? These are top. How do you know if a girl misses you and wants to talk to you?

Either the girl texts and calls you regularly or she tells you if she misses you.
Reply 38
Original post by jay2013
Either the girl texts and calls you regularly or she tells you if she misses you.

What do you text a girl to get her talking? As in are Happy weekend texts all right?

What do you say?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending