The Student Room Group
University of Oxford, Pawel-Sytniewski
University of Oxford
Oxford

St Hugh's College (Oxford) Students and Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
LSEfreak
They told me i had no need to fly to Oxford for an interview. As i am international

Me too. When did they send you that letter? October?
University of Oxford, Pawel-Sytniewski
University of Oxford
Oxford
FrauShai
Thanks for your info, but may I know how they notified you last year? Was it through email or snail mail? Or did they update the UCAS track thingy instead?

I got a phone call, then a letter a few days later. UCAS Track updates mid-January.
Reply 102
Reverie.
I got a phone call, then a letter a few days later. UCAS Track updates mid-January.

Thanks for your info man!
Reply 103
FrauShai
Me too. When did they send you that letter? October?

October or November
I actually miss St Hugh's! It was really nice and honestly, not that far.
Reply 105
yeah - fingers crossed for everyone!
Reply 106
last year interviews finished on the 12th Dec and i got my letter on the 20th i think, so i guess you'll probably find out in the next week or so. i think they aim to let you know before Christmas.

good luck everyone :smile:
Anyone else who got an offer from St Hugh's, I'll hopefully see y'all next year:biggrin:

cheers

GJ
Gaius Julius
Anyone else who got an offer from St Hugh's, I'll hopefully see y'all next year:biggrin:

cheers

GJ

Well done on the offer!
Reply 109
Reverie.
Well done on the offer!

Still not heard from Hughs... Do they really email all international applicants? Or do I have to wait until January when the letter arrives? :frown:
Reply 110
heard that St Hughs sent offer/rejections notifications by mail to interantional applicants, and hasn't sent emails yet, but will be sending the international applicants follow up emails on Monday. If anyone hears anything else, please advise.
Since this is now officially my college *squee*, can we please put an apostrophe in the title, damnit!
It seems that a few people have already heard from St Hugh's, hopefully I'll find out tomorrow. I can't do anything until I know if I have an offer or a rejection!

And Dionysia -congrats!
I agree with Dionysia. I'm no prescriptivist, but when there's supposed to be an apostrophe there it just bugs me:biggrin:

cheers

GJ
Reply 114
Heya, I have an unconditional offer (gap year) for European & Middle eastern languages (French & Arabic) at Hugh's, Oct '09.
See you all next year ! :smile:
See you then =).
huis_clos
Heya, I have an unconditional offer (gap year) for European & Middle eastern languages (French & Arabic) at Hugh's, Oct '09.
See you all next year ! :smile:

Hey, I'm going to be studying French and Spanish (if I get the grades)
Your username - Sartre reference?
Reply 117
Hey cool, are you Ana Bel by any chance? If so I saw you on the Hugh's freshers facebook group but couldn't add you cause your profile might be set to private or something?
Anyway, yeah I was cool and payed homage to Sartre in my username...
huis_clos
Hey cool, are you Ana Bel by any chance? If so I saw you on the Hugh's freshers facebook group but couldn't add you cause your profile might be set to private or something?
Anyway, yeah I was cool and payed homage to Sartre in my username...

That is me, I really need to fix my facebook settings. Harry Darkins, yes? I'll add you.
So much of my interview was spent talking about Sartre! We were discussing to what extent his first-person narration in "Les Mots" was objective...at one my mind blanked out, so I started looking into the distance and going "hmmm" for a solid two minutes with both interviewers just staring at me. Not my best moment.
Reply 119
That happened to me on atleast one occasion... I just ended up staring out through the window which seemed to be opposite the two of them, and as I seem to remember there were cars passing on Woodstock road which could be seen? Seems like so long ago now. Yeah, I'm Harry Darkins, add me :P

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending