The Student Room Group

Bristol Law 2015

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by averyc
I'm applying to Bristol as well as UCL, Oxford, Warwick and Exeter. But to be honest I like Bristol the best, the city is brilliant

I've applied to Oxford and Warwick too!!!
Original post by averyc
I'm applying to Bristol as well as UCL, Oxford, Warwick and Exeter. But to be honest I like Bristol the best, the city is brilliant

Really?? I think London life is the one!!! :smile: but Bristol is still great!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by rachwilko03
Not quite... 2A* and an A. My history AS A was only a middle A and not a high A, so they said it was a little unsafe to predict an A*... :frown:

That's great!!! You could get into lse third for law and meet Cambridge's law entry requirements! !

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 23
Original post by lozasaurus99
That's great!!! You could get into lse third for law and meet Cambridge's law entry requirements! !

Posted from TSR Mobile

I applied yesterday to Oxford, Bristol, LSE, warwick and Newcastle!!! Where are you applying and what are your grades?
Really?? I think London life is the one!!! :smile: but Bristol is still great!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I like London best and hope to live there one day, but it's such an expensive place to be a student!
Original post by averyc
I like London best and hope to live there one day, but it's such an expensive place to be a student!

Being an international student, the whole of UK appeals to me, but I have this special feeling about London. I've always been confused about doing Law or Media, and London has so many opportunities for both! The expensive part is true though, sigh.
Reply 26
Applied to Bristol, leeds, Oxford, Nottingham and Warwick.

I've been predicted a 44 for the IB but I'm kind of scared to blow the LNAT.
Any advice?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I saw a thread where someone got in with 3 B's taking contextual factors into consideration! How lucky!
Posted from TSR Mobile

That was actually me - super lucky! It's quite great here, good luck to you all :smile:
Original post by Axevolution
That was actually me - super lucky! It's quite great here, good luck to you all :smile:

You are incredibly lucky!!!! I know soo many people who would die for a place at Bristol for law and with those grades!!!:smile: ah. . How you finding it? Did you supply a doctor's note or what were you're mitigating circumstances if you don't mind saying?! ..:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
You are incredibly lucky!!!! I know soo many people who would die for a place at Bristol for law and with those grades!!!:smile: ah. . How you finding it? Did you supply a doctor's note or what were you're mitigating circumstances if you don't mind saying?! ..:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I know, you needn't tell me twice :smile: It's going really well, we've only actually just finished our Intro to law lectures and are getting into the substantial stuff now. It's great :biggrin:

It was nothing medically related (Technically) but at the start of Year 13 my mother passed away (I was her carer, and my father isn't in the picture) so I ended up getting put into care for the year, missed out on loads of school (Had about 40% attendance in the end) and while in hindsight I was most likely dealing with some form of depression, I never got medical help so it wouldn't have contributed. Other than that all that was in my favour was my PS and rather average LNAT (23) - I was so shocked to discover my results after seeing track (I was close to my offer of AAB regardless, but still far enough away). Super lucky indeed :biggrin:
Good luck guys, I'm currently a first year lawyer at Bristol so happy to answer any questions. Had offers from Bristol, Durham, Exeter and KCL - it is brilliant here.
Original post by Unsworth
Good luck guys, I'm currently a first year lawyer at Bristol so happy to answer any questions. Had offers from Bristol, Durham, Exeter and KCL - it is brilliant here.

So lucky! !! :smile: what did you get in your A levels?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 32

Wow really! I'm so jealous. I really don't think I have a chance anymore after my LNAT :frown:
So lucky! !! :smile: what did you get in your A levels?

Posted from TSR Mobile

AAA and A* in EPQ.

Wow really! I'm so jealous. I really don't think I have a chance anymore after my LNAT :frown:

Ah well fingers crossed.
AAA and A* in EPQ.

Ah well fingers crossed.

So what subjects was it? Sorry, I keep enquiring but I'm just curious! !

Posted from TSR Mobile
So what subjects was it? Sorry, I keep enquiring but I'm just curious! !

Posted from TSR Mobile

English Lit, Biology and Psychology - got 27 on the LNAT.
English Lit, Biology and Psychology - got 27 on the LNAT.

Wow!!! Well deserved! !! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 37
I've applied to Bristol! Nervous about my LNAT in a few days

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 38
Original post by Olscarr
I've applied to Bristol! Nervous about my LNAT in a few days

Posted from TSR Mobile

What are your grades? Good luck! :-)
Reply 39