The Student Room Group

Do I have a keeper? Will it survive university?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by succexxy
I experienced something similar to you OP.

My ex started dating me when he begun uni. After 2 1/2 years he dumped me so he could "experience" other girls.
Don't put your heart into this guy unless he does for you 100%. Not all guys are like my ex but don't invest your youth into someone unless they are worth it. It hurts when you realise how much time you wasted..My ex was the perfect boyfriend until he decided to put me down like a toy. He never even SPOKE to me again, that's how little I meant to him. All that time, all those other great guys I turned down for him. For nothing. Not even a friendship. He just dumped me out of the blue because he wanted to be "single" that was his excuse. Just didn't want a relationship. AKA "I want to sleep around like all my male whore friends who slut shame women for acting like them". I was heartbroken. I changed into this bitter bitch I am right now. It still hurts.

- Ex used to talk about me being "the one", spoke about the future, children, getting married, you name any cliche sappy thing and he would have said it at some stage.
- Ex used to introduce me to all of his family, went to all events, went to mine etc.
- Stayed with me despite my chronic anxiety and depression.

Eventually his feelings changed. He changed. He wanted to be with more girls before he committed. He lied. His words meant nothing. I put everything into him. All those guys I turned down flashed back through my mind. They all were so much better but I was loyal. I could have dated this amazing man with the most incredible personality who just happened to be an heir to a business worth around 800 million AUD dollars. Not that money is everything, but it shows that I cared more about "true" love.

Do you know what my lesson was?
- Don't rely on ANYONE keeping their sappy words. ACTIONS. Actions mean more than anything.
- Don't ever turn down amazing guys even if in a great relationship - at least add them on facebook. I NEVER would have wanted a back up. I was so moralistic. Now I consider what I can do if I am suddenly dumped.
- Don't revolve your life around this person unless you are 100% certain they would do the same for you.

This person needs to be reliable, trustworthy, honest, rational and consistent to be able to consider long term plans with. Don't rely on them. Stay with them but be careful. Always be careful. If you feel like something isn't right or you feel distance, it's going downhill. That's how it happens. You feel this strange energy and then the next thing you know they have dumped you to sleep around. To not even speak to you again. I didn't even do anything wrong, he was just wanted to be like his friends.

Plan on YOUR life, YOUR DREAMS, have him in the picture but remember that you are special too. If you revolve your life around someone and have all these hopes. You will fall to pieces if it doesn't work. Most relationships fail. Don't do what I did.

Remember: TRUST NO ONE.

You remind me of Cristina Yang from Grey's Anatomy.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending