The Student Room Group

What supplements can I use to increase TESTOSTERONE levels? (srs)

I've heard that there are supps which can naturally increase T levels

No point lifting with low T (checked with doctor)

Thanks brahs
Original post by Joyful_soul
I've heard that there are supps which can naturally increase T levels

No point lifting with low T (checked with doctor)

Thanks brahs

Get a good 8 hours sleep. This will increase your T levels.

Sex also has an impact on testosterone levels. It is ideal to have sex at least once a week to maintain high testosterone levels. It is known that your testosterone levels rapidly drop if you haven't "released" in over a week.

Drink less/no alcohol.

Ensure you meet your daily Zinc intake needs. ZMA is a great supplement for this, and is known to naturally stimulate T levels to rise.

Hope this helps :smile:
Reply 2
T increases T. If there were anything else that does anything significant don't you think guys would be using it instead of sticking needles in themselves? You notice how doctors only prescribe T for low T? If you had medically significant low T levels then it might not be worth lifting (if you choose to define worth that way) but since your doctor hasn't referred you to an endo and/or wrote a prescription I doubt you do. And you could have just posted this in your existing thread.
Original post by BKS
T increases T. If there were anything else that does anything significant don't you think guys would be using it instead of sticking needles in themselves? You notice how doctors only prescribe T for low T? If you had medically significant low T levels then it might not be worth lifting (if you choose to define worth that way) but since your doctor hasn't referred you to an endo and/or wrote a prescription I doubt you do. And you could have just posted this in your existing thread.

What's an endo?
Reply 4
Original post by Joyful_soul
What's an endo?

endocrinologist, a hormone doctor

In case you're thinking it, you don't need to ask to be seen by one, if you're GP has seen your blood test results then they'd know if you did with a quick glance over them
D Aspartic Acid
Reply 6
Granola
Original post by iAre Teh Lejend
Get a good 8 hours sleep. This will increase your T levels.

Sex also has an impact on testosterone levels. It is ideal to have sex at least once a week to maintain high testosterone levels. It is known that your testosterone levels rapidly drop if you haven't "released" in over a week.

Drink less/no alcohol.

Ensure you meet your daily Zinc intake needs. ZMA is a great supplement for this, and is known to naturally stimulate T levels to rise.

Hope this helps :smile:

Interesting, this time last year I was told I had very low testosterone to the point I felt tired all the time, I was started on gels in Jan this year then in July told it was double what it was so taken off it(but slept really well and felt relaxed all the time), now its dangerously low again and I have sleep problems and feel weak and I hve a much larger appetite and for worse foods.
Original post by Riku
Granola

so meta
Original post by Riku
Granola

Original post by + polarity -
so meta

Riku - The God.
Reply 10
Original post by drbluebox
Interesting, this time last year I was told I had very low testosterone to the point I felt tired all the time, I was started on gels in Jan this year then in July told it was double what it was so taken off it(but slept really well and felt relaxed all the time), now its dangerously low again and I have sleep problems and feel weak and I hve a much larger appetite and for worse foods.

You have a real medical problem if you have been on gel before so go to your doctor, don't take advice off the internet- especially since if it does anything it won't be enough to help you. Go back to your GP and if they are useless ask for a referral. If the problem from before wasn't solved then it's not surprising your levels are low again so it won't go away now without you dealing with it properly.

If your GP doesn't know then you might want to point out that you can take a half sachet of gel (or any other fraction for that matter) and the rest will keep in the fridge til next time.
Grab dat der test-e and get dat booty ready
Original post by Riku
Granola

So that explains it...
Reply 13
Original post by LavenderBlueSky88
So that explains it...

I'm being sarcastic...but anyway, granola isn't as bad for test as I believed 6 months ago.
Reply 14
Original post by drbluebox

Hey, how old are you? If you are 18-25 then the usual reasons for very low test are obesity, insomnia and depression or anxiety (effectively high cortisol). Do any of these apply to you?
Original post by Riku
I'm being sarcastic...but anyway, granola isn't as bad for test as I believed 6 months ago.

I doubt granola has any effect on hormone levels at all...

Quick Reply

Latest