The Student Room Group

Interviews at Open Days

Theoretically - and open to debate - what do you think would happen if universities 'interviewed' on open days?

It wouldn't have to be a definitive 'you have a place' or 'you don't', but perhaps a quick chat in a classroom with a course lecturer after the course introductory talk, where you explain your interests and why you think you'd be suited for the course, after which the lecturer/s can then recommend your application, which bumps you through to UCAS, or decline that you should consider that particular course or institution.

Do you think it would attract more people to open days, or turn them away?
Original post by TwoLimes
Theoretically - and open to debate - what do you think would happen if universities 'interviewed' on open days?

It wouldn't have to be a definitive 'you have a place' or 'you don't', but perhaps a quick chat in a classroom with a course lecturer after the course introductory talk, where you explain your interests and why you think you'd be suited for the course, after which the lecturer/s can then recommend your application, which bumps you through to UCAS, or decline that you should consider that particular course or institution.

Do you think it would attract more people to open days, or turn them away?

I think that it'd mean less people are able to go. If 300 people went for one course on one day; the people interviewing them would be swamped. If the open day is, say, 6 hours.. that means one person every 2 minutes... so it may attract more people, but it could mean that they arent able to go,i.e. the university says that they have to book to go and be approved.
Cool idea but I don't know how it would work.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending