The Student Room Group

UCAS: Studying and Working????

Hi everyone

I need to know whether or not it is wise to put down having a job on your UCAS. Right now I have two jobs, one is in retail on the weekends and the other at a tuition center after school for three days a week.

At AS I obtained AAAB, and Im predicted A*AA. Will universities think that me applying for their courses with two jobs is audacious because I work two jobs and will have little time to focus on studies or will they commend me for being able to balance my education, work and extra curricular activities.

Should I put just my tuition job or do I include the retail one as well. Please help I need to know!

Thanks
Original post by shobez
Hi everyone

I need to know whether or not it is wise to put down having a job on your UCAS. Right now I have two jobs, one is in retail on the weekends and the other at a tuition center after school for three days a week.

At AS I obtained AAAB, and Im predicted A*AA. Will universities think that me applying for their courses with two jobs is audacious because I work two jobs and will have little time to focus on studies or will they commend me for being able to balance my education, work and extra curricular activities.

Should I put just my tuition job or do I include the retail one as well. Please help I need to know!

Thanks

I think put down both, they'll probably assume that you plan to drop at least one of the jobs when you start uni anyways.
Put both down - shows universities you have the skills like independence you get doing a job. It's an instant plus over other candidates who have no work experience :smile:
I would put them down and say that it demonstrates your ability to manage your time well - depending on what you do at the tuition centre that might also demonstrate your leadership skills, or ability to communicate with people? Working in retail might have taught you about working in teams, or developed your interpersonal skills.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending