The Student Room Group

It's sad that a teacher can be sacked for this in this day and age

Original post by KingBradly

You don't think a middle aged woman sending topless photos to a former student is inappropriate?

Had the genders been reversed people would be calling for the teacher's head.
Reply 2
I have to see the pictures before giving my opinion.
Original post by Kool_Panda
You don't think a middle aged woman sending topless photos to a former student is inappropriate?

Had the genders been reversed people would be calling for the teacher's head.

In this case yes I do think it was inappropriate because from the article it appears to have been simply her sending the pictures, no other interaction of that kind and nothing done by the kid to indicate that he wished to be sent those kind of photos by her.

However we live in a country where a teacher can be suspended if they have a relationship with a former pupil, even if that pupil is old enough to consent and no longer a part of the institution at which the teacher works and that, in my opinion, is completely wrong.
Original post by mackemforever

However we live in a country where a teacher can be suspended if they have a relationship with a former pupil, even if that pupil is old enough to consent and no longer a part of the institution at which the teacher works and that, in my opinion, is completely wrong.

Or they can get married, I'm aware of at least one teacher married to a former pupil. However the age gap was not great, he never taught her when she was at school and the relationship didn't begin until well after she'd left.
Reply 5
I don't think we know the full picture.

How did the teacher get this kids phone number?
What, if anything, happened during the kids time at school?

Quick Reply