The Student Room Group

Predicted Grades Disappointment.

So, I got my predicted grades today: A*BB which isn't that bad but I was expecting AAA or, A*AB.
Most of my uni choices (King's,UCL, Manchester, Birmingham) require AAA or A*AA and I'm hoping to achieve that in my finals.
i want to know how much my predicted grades will affect my application.
Please help :smile:

(edited 9 years ago)
You may get rejected from courses requiring A*AA/AAA but there's always adjustment or a gap year if you do end up getting AAA
Reply 2
Original post by anushkadsouza
So, I got my predicted grades today: A*BB which isn't that bad but I was expecting AAA or, A*AB.
Most of my uni choices (King's,UCL, Manchester, Birmingham) require AAA or A*AA and I'm hoping to achieve that in my finals.

Predicted grades mean nout, you can still get that AAA or A*AB if you really want it, Just put in the work :smile: Mine was worse than yours and I still came out with AAA :smile:
Original post by Ryan-Slade
Predicted grades mean nout, you can still get that AAA or A*AB if you really want it, Just put in the work :smile: Mine was worse than yours and I still came out with AAA :smile:

My predicted grades have really motivated me to work harder. No more procrastination now, haha! Thank you!
:smile:
Reply 4
My predicted grades have really motivated me to work harder. No more procrastination now, haha! Thank you!
:smile:

No worries! Good luck!
Reply 5

They can still change them - you just have to reason with them. If you show your determination to achieve an A rather than a B, and perhaps if you had a bad exam make sure they're aware of that, then they might move it for you. As long as it's not wholly unrealistic, it's in their interest to help you get into the best University you can, and by increasing your predictor they would be doing this.

It is worth noting, however, something that catches quite a few people out. You have to be certain you will achieve the predicted grade you get changed, as otherwise you may get an offer, but it will result in more disappointment when/if you don't achieve that grade. Alternatively, make sure you have a ABB insurance choice that you're really really happy with going to if necessary.
Original post by vimto39
They can still change them - you just have to reason with them. If you show your determination to achieve an A rather than a B, and perhaps if you had a bad exam make sure they're aware of that, then they might move it for you. As long as it's not wholly unrealistic, it's in their interest to help you get into the best University you can, and by increasing your predictor they would be doing this.

It is worth noting, however, something that catches quite a few people out. You have to be certain you will achieve the predicted grade you get changed, as otherwise you may get an offer, but it will result in more disappointment when/if you don't achieve that grade. Alternatively, make sure you have a ABB insurance choice that you're really really happy with going to if necessary.

That was really helpful, thank you so much!
I am really overconfident that I'll get accepted by King's.My predicted grades are A* AA and that might be the reason of my complacency.I am telling myself I am predicted C's so that I work hard enough.Are you applying for Economics?
Work hard!
Original post by Skill Twix
I am really overconfident that I'll get accepted by King's.My predicted grades are A* AA and that might be the reason of my complacency.I am telling myself I am predicted C's so that I work hard enough.Are you applying for Economics?
Work hard!

I'm applying for Law :smile:
Same here, I've been so productive today!
My only concern is that my predicted grades don't deter my chances of admission.
Reply 9
That was really helpful, thank you so much!

Another thing you could do if they're not playing ball, is to let them make a decision in, say, two weeks, and in the mean time really try to impress them!
Original post by vimto39
Another thing you could do if they're not playing ball, is to let them make a decision in, say, two weeks, and in the mean time really try to impress them!

Yeah, I'm going to school next week to get tons of past papers graded, that I solved myself B) haha thanks!
Yeah, I'm going to school next week to get tons of past papers graded, that I solved myself B) haha thanks!

Yeah, that's the sort of thing. Good luck!
I'm applying for Law :smile:
Same here, I've been so productive today!
My only concern is that my predicted grades don't deter my chances of admission.

I've been studying as well!Been enjoying Maths since the morning.They won't.Good luck!Been impressing my teachers by getting good marks in tests!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending