The Student Room Group

Edinburgh university

Hello! I am an A2 student and I am applying to the university of Edinburgh. On their website, they say 'typical offer AAA (for those who have achieved a strong set of A* grades)' then 'minimum offer BBB' - I'm applying for Philosophy.

Now, I did rather averagely at GCSE: 4 A 4B a C and a D. My predicted A2's that I will be applying with are A*AA. Now, does the GCSE entrance requirement only raise the typical offer to AAA for people with brilliant GCSEs making it harder to get in, but easier for those with weaker GCSEs - which would seem rather counter intuitive. Or does it simply mean that because my GCSE's weren't amazing there's no point applying because I won't get in.

Thanks for your help!! :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Bigheadharry
Hello! I am an A2 student and I am applying to the university of Edinburgh. On their website, they say 'typical offer AAA (for those who have achieved a strong set of A* grades)' then 'minimum offer BBB' - I'm applying for Philosophy.

Now, I did rather averagely at GCSE: 4 A 4B a C and a D. My predicted A2's that I will be applying with are A*AA. Now, does the GCSE entrance requirement only raise the typical offer to AAA for people with brilliant GCSEs making it harder to get in, but easier for those with weaker GCSEs - which would seem rather counter intuitive. Or does it simply mean that because my GCSE's weren't amazing there's no point applying because I won't get in.

Thanks for your help!! :smile:

Hey, just giving this thread a little bump in the hopes someone will see it and reply :smile:

Have you found University Connect yet? It's super useful for finding other people on your course/at your university! :smile:
Reply 2
universities mainly consider your A levels, so i think you should be ok, Good Luck!!!

Quick Reply

Latest