The Student Room Group
City campus, Glasgow Caledonian University
Glasgow Caledonian University

Optometry at Glasgow Caledonian Uni

Hi i am applying to do optometry this year and was wondering what previous conditional/unconditional offers people got to get in?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ddd12345
Hi i am applying to do optometry this year and was wondering what previous conditional/unconditional offers people got to get in?

Hey, just giving this thread a little bump in the hopes someone will see it and reply :smile:

Have you found University Connect yet? It's super useful for finding other people on your course/at your university! :smile:
City campus, Glasgow Caledonian University
Glasgow Caledonian University
Reply 2
hi no i havent! but ill check it out now, thank you very much(:
Optometry is my second choice over Pharmacy, although I would have to do physics at college before I go which is a but rubbish :frown:
Reply 4
Hi,

I am in my first year of Optometry and got an unconditional with grades AAABB.

If you need any help with your ps or have any more questions feel free to ask.

Good Luck! :smile:
Reply 5
do you know how many places are in the course? and did most people get in with min requirements or were conditionals set higher? 😣
Reply 6
hi i just got an offer yday of AAB and I am from london!
Reply 7
Original post by ria_devil
hi i just got an offer yday of AAB and I am from london!

well done im not sure what AAB is equivalent to in scottish qualifications, i hope to get a conditional offer too though
Reply 8
being from london i am quite nervous to accept Glasgow...i went to see the uni just a few months ago and it looked like a brilliant place...can any you guys tell me about Scotland and the people there/the city itself or anything like that? x
Reply 9
do you know how many places are in the course? and did most people get in with min requirements or were conditionals set higher? ������

Hi,
The course is very competitive and there were about 60-70 places.
The grades actually went down last year from AAABB to AABBB.
Most people got in with the min requirements except for those who didn't do physics. But even then you needed a C for physics to get in.
Don't worry about it too much, Good Luck!
Reply 10
I just sent away my application for optometry! I have mentioned in my personal statement that I want to do optometry but the whole thing is not based on optometry so I'm a bit worried! I wanted to ask if anyone knows about any offers that have went out already or if it is likely I will get an offer, I'm have AABBB at higher and this year I'm doing 2 Adv highers art & biology, higher physics and a vocational course of the Human Anatomy which is 2nd year Uni level. I'm scared as I only have the minimum requirements!
Reply 11
Hi I have also applied for optimetry and GCU! Have you heard anything back yet?
Original post by rjk4
Hi I have also applied for optimetry and GCU! Have you heard anything back yet?

I heard back from Caley last week and got a Conditional offer! So happy! Have you heard anything back yet? Caley are notoriously one of the last Uni's to send out offers, still waiting to hear back about Orthoptics
Reply 13
Original post by Isla_Gerrie
I heard back from Caley last week and got a Conditional offer! So happy! Have you heard anything back yet? Caley are notoriously one of the last Uni's to send out offers, still waiting to hear back about Orthoptics

Omg amazing well done! I know I heard they are its just so nerve wrecking defo let you know when they get back to me x
Reply 14
well done!! i got a conditional for optometry and i am still waiting to hear back from orthoptics too 😞 has anyone heard back for orthoptics?
Reply 15
Original post by ria_devil
being from london i am quite nervous to accept Glasgow...i went to see the uni just a few months ago and it looked like a brilliant place...can any you guys tell me about Scotland and the people there/the city itself or anything like that? x

Personally i think Glasgow is the best city in Scotland and would defiantly choose it over Edinburgh :smile: Theres so many things to do and everyone is so friendly!
well done!! i got a conditional for optometry and i am still waiting to hear back from orthoptics too ������ has anyone heard back for orthoptics?

I'm waiting to hear back about orthoptics too before I firm optom, seem to be taking quite a while
Original post by rjk4
Omg amazing well done! I know I heard they are its just so nerve wrecking defo let you know when they get back to me x

Thank you so much! I know, everyone says writing your personal statement is hard but there is nothing like the stress of waiting for that Ucas email. I hope they get back to you soon and do let me know when they get back to you! Hope they don't take too much longer. Fingers crossed! :smile:
Reply 18
Original post by Isla_Gerrie
Thank you so much! I know, everyone says writing your personal statement is hard but there is nothing like the stress of waiting for that Ucas email. I hope they get back to you soon and do let me know when they get back to you! Hope they don't take too much longer. Fingers crossed! :smile:

Aww thanks babe and yeah its so horrid just have to perserve good luck with your exams you'll smash them! Xxxxx
i got a conditional offer to study at glasgow cal....i am from london and my offer is AAB

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending